This Changes Everything – CCA 7 May, 2016
This Changes Everything: An Avi Lewis Film of the book by Naomi Klein
Sat 7 May 2016
6pm, Free and ticketed, Theatre
Book online / 0141 352 4900
What if confronting the climate crisis is the best chance we’ll ever get to build a better world? ‘This Changes Everything’ is an epic attempt to re-imagine the vast challenge of climate change.
Directed by Avi Lewis, and inspired by Naomi Klein’s international non-fiction bestseller ‘This Changes Everything’, the film presents seven powerful portraits of communities on the front lines. Interwoven with these stories of struggle is Klein’s narration, connecting the carbon in the air with the economic system that put it there. Throughout the film, Klein builds to her most controversial and exciting idea: that we can seize the existential crisis of climate change to transform our failed economic system into something radically better.
The film lands at an exciting time for the climate justice movement – Indigenous people and social movements in the Global South are showing incredible leadership, pipelines are being resisted furiously across North America, fracking bans are being won in Europe, coal mines are being held back in Australia, the divestment movement is surging worldwide, and the Pope is making the connection between inequality and climate change.
Global Justice Now are a UK wide movement campaigning on poverty and inequality issues with partners in the Global South. This film screening is part of Global Justice Glasgow’s current campaign ‘System Change not Climate Change’, following the momentum built during the Paris Climate talks.
Please join us after the film for discussion with representatives from Global Justice Glasgow and Glasgow University Climate Action Group.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- Samhain: fire and jam session Halloween, North Kelvin Meadow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Let’s Go Green Family Day Kelvin Hall
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Halloween at OranMor
- Moogety Halloween 2019
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA