Celtic Connections 2015 – festival highlights last few days
Festival highlights from the final few days
Strings Attached ‘The Next Generation’: a landmark Celtic Connections performance featuring the Highland fiddle supergroup performing with top singer-songwriters including Rachel Sermanni, Adam Holmes and Aoife O’Donovan.
A Stor Mo Chroi
Featuring the best in Irish talent including Karan Casey, Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh, John Spillane, Pauline Scanlon and Éilís Kennedy, together with top-drawer instrumentalists Ed Boyd, John McSherry and Dónal O’Connor.
Alistair Hulett Tribute: After four consecutive sellouts at Celtic Connections, this musical tribute to the late singer-songwriter and activist Alistair Hulett features Del Amitri’s Justin Currie, Paul Simmonds, Naomi Bedford, James Fagan and Nancy Kerr.
1st February – St Andrews in the Square
François & the Atlas Mountains
The band create a lush, dreamy, multilingual melange of romantic indie-pop, French chanson and Afro-funk.
Horse: one of Scotland’s all-time great vocalists, known for her sophisticated songcraft, Horse McDonald presents the première of her latest ambitious project, resurrecting the words of lost or neglected Scottish women poets in newly-composed musical settings.
Danny Kyle Open Stage Finalists
This year’s finalists of Danny Kyle’s Open Stage take to the stage for a showcase concert celebrating this year’s competition.
Sunday 1 February.
This section: Celtic Connections 2015, Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Nick Harper with Carol Laula and Port Erin CCA
- West Princes plus King Wine at the Hug and Pint, Glasgow
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Great Western Festival of Musical Exploration and Discovery
- East End Free Festival Glasgow
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- Doghouse Roses & Dumb Instrument CCA
- Seven Song Club: Willie Campbell (Astrid), Bensider, Adriana Spina