Brooks Williams Sounds in the Suburbs, The Doublet
9 September, 2018
The Doublet Bar, 74 Park Rd, Glasgow G4 9JF
Absolutely delighted to once more welcome back the fabulous Brooks Williams to a SoundsintheSuburbs show, this time at the Doublet Bar.
Great news Brooks is back with a brand new album “Lucky Star” which is available now!
For those of you new to Brooks he hails from Statesboro, Georgia, the town made famous by country-blues legend Blind Willie McTell. Ranked in the Top 100 Acoustic Guitarists, he’s a mean finger-picker and a stunning slide guitarist. Plus, “he has a beautiful voice,” says AmericanaUK, “that you just melt into.” Not one easy to pigeon-hole, Brooks’ music is the love-child of country-blues and soulful Americana.
His massive repertoire spans classic roots and blues, Trouble In Mind, Backwater Blues and Mother Earth, as well as compelling covers from the likes of Dave Alvin, Buddy Miller and Mose Allison. His own songs are thoroughly alive with clearly-drawn ironic characters, like Frank Delandry and Evil Knievel, and rich in blues pathos.
Brooks Williams has worked stages worldwide for close to thirty years, touring constantly in the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Audiences are often heard asking, how can one guitar and one voice sound like a full band? The San Antonio Light says that Williams is a “fret monster who has to be seen to be believed!”
- The Pure Amazing Wiz of Oz Panto at Websters 2019
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Cinderella, Theatre School of Scotland
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Mother India A La Carte Christmas Menu 2019
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Take 2: Miniscule Adventure GFT
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Knives Out GFT
- The Biggest Little Farm GFT
- The Forgotten Screening and Q & A
- In Diamond Square GFT
- Shooting the Mafia, GFT
- Moving Image Makers Collective On The Move CCA
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Pity Party Film Club Urgh! A Music War CCA
- Sunshine on Leith GFT
- CinemaAttic – Catalan Film Festival CCA