Brooks Williams Sounds in the Suburbs, The Doublet
9 September, 2018
The Doublet Bar, 74 Park Rd, Glasgow G4 9JF
Absolutely delighted to once more welcome back the fabulous Brooks Williams to a SoundsintheSuburbs show, this time at the Doublet Bar.
Great news Brooks is back with a brand new album “Lucky Star” which is available now!
For those of you new to Brooks he hails from Statesboro, Georgia, the town made famous by country-blues legend Blind Willie McTell. Ranked in the Top 100 Acoustic Guitarists, he’s a mean finger-picker and a stunning slide guitarist. Plus, “he has a beautiful voice,” says AmericanaUK, “that you just melt into.” Not one easy to pigeon-hole, Brooks’ music is the love-child of country-blues and soulful Americana.
His massive repertoire spans classic roots and blues, Trouble In Mind, Backwater Blues and Mother Earth, as well as compelling covers from the likes of Dave Alvin, Buddy Miller and Mose Allison. His own songs are thoroughly alive with clearly-drawn ironic characters, like Frank Delandry and Evil Knievel, and rich in blues pathos.
Brooks Williams has worked stages worldwide for close to thirty years, touring constantly in the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Audiences are often heard asking, how can one guitar and one voice sound like a full band? The San Antonio Light says that Williams is a “fret monster who has to be seen to be believed!”
- The Acoustic Night Special Nice ‘n’ Sleazy
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- COP26 Global Event In Glasgow – Seeks Volunteers
- Fright Fest Glasgow Film Festival Online 2021
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- A Virtual Burns Night Edinburgh Castle
- Burns Celebration Online Tannahill Centre
- Janey Godley’s Big Burns Supper Online
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Swans and ducks on the Forth and Clyde Canal
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Bob Law’s Blog: Glasgow’s Quieter Parks
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Sav Aiello Yoga Savvy Classes
- This is not the time to be the bad angel by Jim Byrne
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland