Bridge Music Jazz Quintet with Luca Manning, The Swing, Friday 25 August 2017
Jazz series promoted by promotion body Bridge Music featuring UK and international touring bands and original music from Scottish based jazz ensembles.
Jazz vocalist Luca Manning made his debut at the 2015 Glasgow Jazz Festival and is inspired by a wide range of artists from singers such as: Betty Carter and Mark Murphy to instrumental players like Brad Mehldau and Kenny Wheeler.
Luca began his jazz training with the Strathclyde Youth Jazz Orchestra, under the tuition of Stephen Duffy and Alan Benzie. Luca and Alan have just performed together at the 2017 Edinburgh Jazz and Blues Festival.
Luca’s quintet brings together some of Scotland’s finest and award winning young jazz musicians.
Luca Manning (vocals), Fergus McCreadie (keys), Joe Williamson (guitar), David Bowden (bass), Greg Irons (drums)
Venue is a mix of seated and standing. Tables are allocated on a first come first served basis, (£7/£6) on door, seating can also be reserved in advance see below.
Booking Reserved Seating Should you wish to guarantee seating, reserved seating is available to book at £10 per person in advance. Seating is for the entire night and you can stay on after the jazz sessions, o late night bands play from 11pm – 2am. Please fill in booking form to arrange. Our cabaret style tables seat 4 to 6 so smaller groups may be sharing and larger groups split over several tables. Club open 7pm – 3am
Swing Limited, 183a Hope Street, G2 2UL
0141 332 2147
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT
- The Relative Worlds GFT plus Q and A
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop