Bridge Music Jazz Quintet with Luca Manning, The Swing, Friday 25 August 2017
Jazz series promoted by promotion body Bridge Music featuring UK and international touring bands and original music from Scottish based jazz ensembles.
Jazz vocalist Luca Manning made his debut at the 2015 Glasgow Jazz Festival and is inspired by a wide range of artists from singers such as: Betty Carter and Mark Murphy to instrumental players like Brad Mehldau and Kenny Wheeler.
Luca began his jazz training with the Strathclyde Youth Jazz Orchestra, under the tuition of Stephen Duffy and Alan Benzie. Luca and Alan have just performed together at the 2017 Edinburgh Jazz and Blues Festival.
Luca’s quintet brings together some of Scotland’s finest and award winning young jazz musicians.
Luca Manning (vocals), Fergus McCreadie (keys), Joe Williamson (guitar), David Bowden (bass), Greg Irons (drums)
Venue is a mix of seated and standing. Tables are allocated on a first come first served basis, (£7/£6) on door, seating can also be reserved in advance see below.
Booking Reserved Seating Should you wish to guarantee seating, reserved seating is available to book at £10 per person in advance. Seating is for the entire night and you can stay on after the jazz sessions, o late night bands play from 11pm – 2am. Please fill in booking form to arrange. Our cabaret style tables seat 4 to 6 so smaller groups may be sharing and larger groups split over several tables. Club open 7pm – 3am
Swing Limited, 183a Hope Street, G2 2UL
0141 332 2147
- Urban Potentials Exhibition Launch
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Linda Jaxson Band at Websters
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2021
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- The Great Black History Quiz CRER
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Black History Month
- COP26 Glasgow Trade Union and Workers Bloc
- Art for Africa in memory of Rony Bridges
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- BFI London Film Festival 2021 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Last Night in Soho, Glasgow Film Theatre