Book Week Scotland – Story on Page and Film with Bernard MacLaverty, Kelvin Hall, 2 December, 2017
2 December, 2017 3 p.m. 4 p.m.
How do we tell and hear stories both in writing and images? Is there a difference in how we feel about the stories we love depending on how they are told?
Come along and hear Bernard MacLaverty in conversation – not only a highly acclaimed author but has also written and directed films. This event is sure to be full of insight and inspiration.
Part of the Scotland’s Story project funded by the Royal Society of Edinburgh in partnership with the Universities of Strathclyde and Oxford. Chaired by Dr Brian Hoyle – senior lecturer in film studies at the University of Dundee.
Kelvin Hall Cinema Room, Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Take One Action Film Festival 2019 CCA
- Sorry We Missed You + Q & A Paul Lavery
- Meet the Author, Angela Robb, Fruin Farm
- Joint Book Launch: Tracy Patrick and Fiona Lindsay
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2019 Announces Full Programme
- Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Vincent Price: Master of Menace, Lover of Life + The Abominable Dr Phibes GFT
- The Farewell Opening Gala GYFF 2019
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas