Book Week Scotland – Story on Page and Film with Bernard MacLaverty, Kelvin Hall, 2 December, 2017
2 December, 2017 3 p.m. 4 p.m.
How do we tell and hear stories both in writing and images? Is there a difference in how we feel about the stories we love depending on how they are told?
Come along and hear Bernard MacLaverty in conversation – not only a highly acclaimed author but has also written and directed films. This event is sure to be full of insight and inspiration.
Part of the Scotland’s Story project funded by the Royal Society of Edinburgh in partnership with the Universities of Strathclyde and Oxford. Chaired by Dr Brian Hoyle – senior lecturer in film studies at the University of Dundee.
Kelvin Hall Cinema Room, Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Beatson puts fun into fundraising – online quizz
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End