Bahookie’s Big Christmas Rock Ceilidh Bash, Cottiers
Bahookie’s Big Christmas Rock Ceilidh Bash at Cottiers
8 December 2017 – 8:00 pm – 11:30 pm
Cottiers, 93-95 Hyndland St, Glasgow G11 5PU
Start your Christmas with a bang! (And a jig, and a rocking guitar lick). Join Cottiers and Bahookie for a fantastic dinner and Christmas Rock Ceilidh Bash.
Dinner will be served at 6pm, and the ceilidh kicks off at 8pm. Tickets £55 (Dinner & Ceilidh) or £17.50 (Ceilidh only). (ticket price incl. ticket admin fee which will display at the checkout) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought on the day)
A Celtic four piece like no other, Bahookie really are different. How do you mash fiddles with urban dance and rock grooves, then sing luscious melodies over the world’s finest Scottish anthems? These guys know how…..
Comprised of players from the prestigious Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, Bahookie have many years of gigging experience between them. With the core members of Scott Arnott (Drums/Vocals), Ross McCrossan (Bass/Guitar) and Neil Thompson (Vocals, Piano and Guitar) having known each other for years, you can certainly see and hear the spirit and unity between them. A true band of brothers….
‘It’s like a Fiddler meets the Foo Fighters and then goes for a pint with Avicii….’ explains Scott. ‘Playing in a band like Bahookie opens so many doors to be more creative than in other bands.’ With recent trips to Norway, Dubai and Abu Dhabi, Bahookie certainly have a worldwide fan base. Bahookie are delighted to be bringing in 2018 at a star studded Hogmanay event in Bangkok, Thailand!
Their recently recorded E.P. in Glasgow’s CaVa studios features the Dougie MacLean classic ‘Rescue Me’ which shows off Neil’s sublime vocals and the band’s musical lushness. ‘It’s great to strip the band back and just sing a song sometimes and really feel like the audience are singing it with you’ mentions Neil. ‘I love the moment when all the sounds we create just fuse together and it feels like you’re creating it for the first time….’
The big Bahookie sound comes from blending Rock, traditional Celtic music with dance beats. ‘Being in Bahookie is like getting all your favourite toys out, putting them in a blender, chucking in some glue and getting the best toy ever!’ laughs Ross.
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA