Christopher Priest, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow, 13 November, 2017
Monday 13 November, 2017, 1 – 2 PM
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Christopher Priest is a novelist and science fiction writer.
Priest has won the BSFA award for the best novel four times: in 1974 for Inverted World; in 1998 for The Extremes; in 2002 for The Separation and in 2011 for The Islanders.
In 1983 Priest was named one of the 20 Granta Best of Young British Novelists. In 1988 he won the Kurd-Laßwitz-Preis for The Glamour as Best Foreign Fiction Book. He has won the James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction and the World Fantasy Award (for The Prestige). He won the BSFA award for short fiction in 1979 for the short story “Palely Loitering”; and has been nominated for Hugo Awards in the categories of Best Novel, Best Novella, Best Novelette, and Best Non-Fiction Book.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience Christmas & New Year Party
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Kirsteen Harvey Live, Cottiers
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Oscar Marzaroli Exhibition Streetworks
- Christmas at Glasgow Film Theatre 2019
- Matchbox Cineclub + Backseat Bingo Dial Code: Santa Claus + Secret Santa Party
- UKJF Why the Jews? + Starboy CCA
- Southern Exposure Utu CCA
- So Long, My Son GFT
- Knives Out GFT
- Honey Boy GFT
- The Forgotten Screening and Q & A
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The Pure Amazing Wiz of Oz Panto at Websters 2019
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace