Boo Hewerdine and Darden Smith, The Admiral Bar
Wednesday, 12th June, 2019
The Admiral Bar, 72a Waterloo St, Glasgow G2 7DA
To celebrate a magical musical collaboration that has resulted in a life-long friendship between acclaimed singers Boo Hewerdine and Darden Smith, the pair will be playing a handful of shows in the UK this summer.
Boo Hewerdine and Darden Smith met thirty years ago, introduced by a publisher they wrote songs together for four days in London. The results secured them a record deal with Ensign Records and a short while later they found themselves in Austin, Texas recording the album ‘Evidence’.
The album is a potent mix of Americana and Ukana and received rave reviews, among them an inclusion in the Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums book.
Boo and Darden will be joined by guest musicians Sonny Landreth, Syd Straw and Reece Wynans.
Boo Hewerdine said: “Darden and I are so excited to take our collaborative album on tour across the UK this May and June. This partnership holds a special place in both our hearts and to team up and take it on the road, is just fantastic. We look forward to seeing lots of people come out and enjoy our Americana sound.”
Both Darden and Boo have continued successful solo careers, but Evidence remains a favourite. Last year they played a handful of shows in Scotland and England and were amazed and delighted to play to sell out audiences who knew every word. The duo is looking forward to continuing the trend this summer.
- Wednesday 12 June – Glasgow – The Admiral Bar
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- SongWriters Uncovered Series 2019
- Fairytale of Glasgow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Nick Harper with Carol Laula and Port Erin CCA
- West Princes plus King Wine at the Hug and Pint, Glasgow