Aye Write 2020: Humans of Scotland
Wednesday 18 March,2020 – 6 p.m. _ 7 p.m.
Waterstones, 53-157 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3EW
Humans of Scotland is an inspiring storytelling project from the Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE). Humans of Scotland puts the voices of disabled people, people living with long term conditions and unpaid carers at its heart. It gives a platform to people who are often marginalised and helps chart their journeys. The collection shares lived experience of mental illness, sensory loss, addiction recovery and a huge breadth of other conditions. Candid and honest, the stories evoke empathy and connection with each storyteller, highlighting the power of sharing experiences. Hear the stories first-hand and engage with the storytellers during this session.
This event is free but ticketed, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Humans of Scotland’ to reserve a place.
Please note that ‘doors open’ 30 minutes before the event starts. The event will take place in the 2nd floor event space Waterstones Sauchiehall Street.
This section: Aye Write 2020, Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.