Aye Write 2020: Humans of Scotland
Wednesday 18 March,2020 – 6 p.m. _ 7 p.m.
Waterstones, 53-157 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3EW
Humans of Scotland is an inspiring storytelling project from the Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE). Humans of Scotland puts the voices of disabled people, people living with long term conditions and unpaid carers at its heart. It gives a platform to people who are often marginalised and helps chart their journeys. The collection shares lived experience of mental illness, sensory loss, addiction recovery and a huge breadth of other conditions. Candid and honest, the stories evoke empathy and connection with each storyteller, highlighting the power of sharing experiences. Hear the stories first-hand and engage with the storytellers during this session.
This event is free but ticketed, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Humans of Scotland’ to reserve a place.
Please note that ‘doors open’ 30 minutes before the event starts. The event will take place in the 2nd floor event space Waterstones Sauchiehall Street.
This section: Aye Write 2020, Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: A Year to Remember – or forget..
- Book Launch: Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson
- Damian Barr, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations: Anuradha Roy
- Creative Activism: 20th Anniversary of Scotland’s Repeal of Section 28
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- P.M. Freestone at Creative Conversations
- Book Week Scotland 2020
- Real Bread Bakers – Screening and Discussion
- Book Week Scotland 2020: Glasgow Libraries
- Creative Conversations: Sandy NicDhòmhnaill Jones
- I Like Your Hat – book launch with Magi Gibson