Austin Lucas and The Dreaming Spires, Broadcast, 18 October, 2016
Austin Lucas and The Dreaming Spires
Tuesday 18 October, 2016 7 p.m.
A double bill of Americana featuring Austin Lucas from Bloomington Indianna USA, and Oxford’s ‘The Dreaming Spires’
No one ever said country music had to be simple, and when Austin Lucas began thinking about the follow-up to his critically acclaimed 2013 album Stay Reckless he had a lot on his mind. The Indiana troubadour wanted to do something not only different from his own work, but unlike anything else being done in the realm of country music and Americana. The acclaimed new album ‘Between The Moon And The Midwest’ marries traditional & cosmic country sounds with sharp, vivid storytelling in a fully realized album concept.
“Between The Moon & The Midwest may slot in what looks to outsiders like a narrow gap between Sturgill Simpson’s cosmic choogle and the harder rock of Jason Isbell, but in country terms that’s a canyon -and it belongs to Austin Lucas” Q Magazine.
“With a voice that falls between God-given and refined by years of training, it bleeds tradition and adds gravitas to his words”. – Popmatters
Special Guests on all dates are The Dreaming Spires from Oxford, who will also play as Austin’s backing band.
It has been a busy time for Oxford’s finest The Dreaming Spires, who have been on the road touring hard including a trip to the USA to play the Americana Awards in Nashville and an appearance on BBC’s The Andrew Marr Show. They’ve also just released the mini-LP Paisley Overground, a knowing nod towards their musical influences, but also a step forward into a new-fangled jangle! Three of The Dreaming Spires songs were recorded at the legendary Ardent Studios in Memphis, home of the equally-legendary Big Star!
427 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3LG
- Cheeky Besom Productions – ‘Artists With Attitude’ Presents Linda Jackson
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 at CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival: Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago, CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Our Ladies
- Celtic Connections 2020 – Transatlantic Sessions review and photography Pauline Keightley
- Mother India – Take Away Menus
- Fessen/Reared New Poetry Collection by Lesley Benzie, Book Launch
- The Writing of Janet Paisley course with Linda Jackson
- Underwood Lane by John Byrne, The Tron
- Don’t Stop Me Now, The Tron
- Runner by Chris McQueer
- Poetry Slam – Open to All – The Tron
- G20 Festival – U Fix It Cafe and Clothes Swop
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance Fundraiser at Murrayfield
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
- Country Funk Fridays – Reopening Tennent’s Bar Basement
- Moments of Resistance by Femspectives
- Iberodocs Lisbon Beat CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival: Master Cheng
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Heroic Losers