Adrian Wiszniewski, Meet the Artist at By Distinction, 4 September, 2016
Adrian Wisznieski’s solo show The Craft has been attracting acclaim at By Distinction Gallery, Byres Road. On 4th September you can meet the artist there between 2 and 4 p.m.
Glasgow born Adrian Wiszniewski is a graduate of Glasgow School of Art – one of the group named the New Glasgow Boys, which includes Steven Campbell, Ken Currie and Peter Howson.
His first solo show was held in Glasgow and London in 1984, after which some of his works were purchased by the Tate Gallery. Apart from the Tate in London, his work can be seen in some of the world’s most prestigious art galleries including: Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art Edinburgh, the Victoria and Albert Museum London, the Gallery of Modern Art in New York, Metropolitan Museum New York and Setagaya Museum Tokyo.
What People Say About Wiszniewski and ‘The Craft’ Exhibition
Clare Henry Blogspot: ‘ADRIAN WISZNIEWSKI exemplifies a new age Renaissance man in his ability to encompass painting, printmaking, writing, film, architecture & design. His next foray will be into ceramics – when the guy manages to bring him a wheel!
Meanwhile he is exhibiting large, dramatic, bold & beautiful paintings at BY DISTINCTION ART on Byres Rd in Glasgow’s West End.’
Ten Things You Cannae Miss – The Scots Magazine, August 2016
A Distinct Selection
A new exhibition by one of Scotland’s most prominent contemporary artists has launched in Glasgow. Catch a selection of highly collectable artworks by Adrian Wiszniewski at the By Distinction Art Gallery on Byres Road.
- Candlelight Spoken Word Open Mic
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Wakeful Screening at CCA
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Celtic Connections 2020 Hannah Read and Andy Monaghan review by Fionnuala Boyle
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Finish Exposure Films from the Arctic
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Chinese Visual Festival 2020
- Coastal Connections Festival 2020 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass