Adrian Wiszniewski, Meet the Artist at By Distinction, 4 September, 2016
Adrian Wisznieski’s solo show The Craft has been attracting acclaim at By Distinction Gallery, Byres Road. On 4th September you can meet the artist there between 2 and 4 p.m.
Glasgow born Adrian Wiszniewski is a graduate of Glasgow School of Art – one of the group named the New Glasgow Boys, which includes Steven Campbell, Ken Currie and Peter Howson.
His first solo show was held in Glasgow and London in 1984, after which some of his works were purchased by the Tate Gallery. Apart from the Tate in London, his work can be seen in some of the world’s most prestigious art galleries including: Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art Edinburgh, the Victoria and Albert Museum London, the Gallery of Modern Art in New York, Metropolitan Museum New York and Setagaya Museum Tokyo.
What People Say About Wiszniewski and ‘The Craft’ Exhibition
Clare Henry Blogspot: ‘ADRIAN WISZNIEWSKI exemplifies a new age Renaissance man in his ability to encompass painting, printmaking, writing, film, architecture & design. His next foray will be into ceramics – when the guy manages to bring him a wheel!
Meanwhile he is exhibiting large, dramatic, bold & beautiful paintings at BY DISTINCTION ART on Byres Rd in Glasgow’s West End.’
Ten Things You Cannae Miss – The Scots Magazine, August 2016
A Distinct Selection
A new exhibition by one of Scotland’s most prominent contemporary artists has launched in Glasgow. Catch a selection of highly collectable artworks by Adrian Wiszniewski at the By Distinction Art Gallery on Byres Road.
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- Spot The Signs Renfrewshire
- The Greatest Hits, Mental Health Fundraiser
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Befriending Food Experience Celebrate St Andrew’s Day
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA