Antigone, Websters Theatre
28 and 29 July, 2018
Websters Theatre, 416 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9HZ
Rebel Cow Theatre brings you a brand new adaption of Sophocles’ classic Greek tragedy, Antigone, set in the fictional small American town of Thebes in the 1940’s .
Chronicling Antigone as she defies her uncle Creon’s stern instruction that her recently deceased brother, Polyneices, will not receive a funeral or memorial service due to his betrayal of their family, we witness the tragic consequences of Antigone’s actions as she clings steadfastly to doing what she believes is right and Creon’s desire for Antigone to pay for her disobedience.
Suitable for 10+
This is a seated event.
Tickets sold as General Admission (you will not be allocated a specific seat in the auditorium)
There will be NO INTERVAL
Please note, box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. Phone messages and emails to the Box Office are checked at least once a day, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
0141 357 4000
Tickets £13.50 Adults/£12 Concessions (ticket prices incl. £1.50 per ticket admin fee which will be added at the checkout) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought on the day)
- The Homebird Sessions at Cottiers
- A Night of Grief and Misery, Cottiers
- Loch Lomond Highland Games 2022
- Alice In The Cities – GFT
- I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing – GFT
- Nitram at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tigers at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Take 2. Paddington at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Ithaka plus Q & A with John Shipton, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Purple Rain, late night at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Princess, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Alasdair Gray’s Lanark: A World Made on Paper – The Hunterian
- Journey from Jamaica iBrina – Merchant City Festival
- No Evictions Glasgow Open Meeting
- Restricted Code, The Glad Cafe
- Chris McGlade: Forgiveness- Websters Theatre
- Pippin The Musical at Websters
- Luzzu at GFT
- Reel Roots: Windrush at GFT