Antigone, Websters Theatre
28 and 29 July, 2018
Websters Theatre, 416 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9HZ
Rebel Cow Theatre brings you a brand new adaption of Sophocles’ classic Greek tragedy, Antigone, set in the fictional small American town of Thebes in the 1940’s .
Chronicling Antigone as she defies her uncle Creon’s stern instruction that her recently deceased brother, Polyneices, will not receive a funeral or memorial service due to his betrayal of their family, we witness the tragic consequences of Antigone’s actions as she clings steadfastly to doing what she believes is right and Creon’s desire for Antigone to pay for her disobedience.
Suitable for 10+
This is a seated event.
Tickets sold as General Admission (you will not be allocated a specific seat in the auditorium)
There will be NO INTERVAL
Please note, box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. Phone messages and emails to the Box Office are checked at least once a day, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
0141 357 4000
Tickets £13.50 Adults/£12 Concessions (ticket prices incl. £1.50 per ticket admin fee which will be added at the checkout) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought on the day)
- The Pure Amazing Wiz of Oz Panto at Websters 2019
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Cinderella, Theatre School of Scotland
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Take 2: Miniscule Adventure GFT
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Knives Out GFT
- The Biggest Little Farm GFT
- The Forgotten Screening and Q & A
- In Diamond Square GFT
- Shooting the Mafia, GFT
- Moving Image Makers Collective On The Move CCA
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Pity Party Film Club Urgh! A Music War CCA
- Sunshine on Leith GFT
- CinemaAttic – Catalan Film Festival CCA
- The Two Popes GFT