Anna Krzystek’s new Untitled Series , The Tramway 5 – 21 May, 2017
DIG presents Anna Krzystek Untitled #0.5
Film installation, screened on a loop during Tramway opening hours.
Upper Foyer Gallery
Preview Thursday 4 May
Friday 5th May – Sunday 21st May
Untitled #0.5 – Who, What And Where Is Anna is part of Anna Krzystek’s new Untitled Series exploring the premise of Nothing.
A film installation for three screens, the piece explores notions of fact, fiction, truth, the self, the body and the object.
The work playfully captures the slipperiness between fact and fiction through mercurial qualities of both documentary and fictional film making, and the live-streamed incidences of the everyday.
Within this framework of film making, the performer confronts her existential dilemmas. These are expressed through the use of costuming – examining the role of the performer as costumes are put on and taken off. Looking at the performer void of costume and vice versa, the costume void of performer. Costumes as gross exaggerations of the body and as clichéd props for role play are used to distort and disguise the body and, at times, objectify the performer. This transformation to abstracted ‘thingness’ further probes both emptiness and presence intrinsic to the over all premise of Nothing.
Choreographed and performed by Anna Krzystek
Made in collaboration with Simon Fildes, Meri Ekola, Heather MacCrimmon and Rosanna Irvine
Produced by Shift and supported by FST Producer Placement Bursary
Supported by Oblivia, Fabrik Potsdam and macrobert arts centre
Supported by the National Lottery through Creative Scotland
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA