Anna Krzystek’s new Untitled Series , The Tramway 5 – 21 May, 2017
DIG presents Anna Krzystek Untitled #0.5
Film installation, screened on a loop during Tramway opening hours.
Upper Foyer Gallery
Preview Thursday 4 May
Friday 5th May – Sunday 21st May
Untitled #0.5 – Who, What And Where Is Anna is part of Anna Krzystek’s new Untitled Series exploring the premise of Nothing.
A film installation for three screens, the piece explores notions of fact, fiction, truth, the self, the body and the object.
The work playfully captures the slipperiness between fact and fiction through mercurial qualities of both documentary and fictional film making, and the live-streamed incidences of the everyday.
Within this framework of film making, the performer confronts her existential dilemmas. These are expressed through the use of costuming – examining the role of the performer as costumes are put on and taken off. Looking at the performer void of costume and vice versa, the costume void of performer. Costumes as gross exaggerations of the body and as clichéd props for role play are used to distort and disguise the body and, at times, objectify the performer. This transformation to abstracted ‘thingness’ further probes both emptiness and presence intrinsic to the over all premise of Nothing.
Choreographed and performed by Anna Krzystek
Made in collaboration with Simon Fildes, Meri Ekola, Heather MacCrimmon and Rosanna Irvine
Produced by Shift and supported by FST Producer Placement Bursary
Supported by Oblivia, Fabrik Potsdam and macrobert arts centre
Supported by the National Lottery through Creative Scotland
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher
- A Hidden Life, GFT
- Weathering With You GFT
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Cleanin’ Up The Town Remembering Ghostbusters GFT
- Preview: The Man Who Killed Don Quixote + Recorded Q&A GFT
- Everything – The Real Thing Story Q & A
- Celtic Connections & Fallen Angels Club: Danni Nicholls
- Isobel Campbell Isobel Campbell with Hannah Fisher & Sorren Maclean and Nina Violet Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections: SHHE SHHE + GRISLY FAYE Hug and Pint
- Rachael Dadd, The Glad Cafe Celtic Connections
- The Wandering Hearts and Zoe Graham, Celtic Connections
- Mobilising for COP 26 – Climate, Justice, Jobs Glasgow
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
- Film: Invading the Skin of the Earth: Soil
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- The Lucky Sparrow Games Cafe Open Day