Jacqueline Smith Inspiration from the Common Wealth of Writers to Boost Creativity Tuesday 19 April, 2016
Inspiration from the Common Wealth of Writers to Boost Creativity
Tue 19 April 2016
7:30pm, Free and unticketed, Cinema
Book online / 0141 352 4900
The launch of Jacqueline Smith’s ‘Inspiration from the Common Wealth of Writers to Boost Creativity’ will involve featured writers, e.g. Brian Whittingham, Liz Niven and Tawona Sithole. who will read their own responses and consider further exploration of various aspects of their creative process in writing.
Jacqueline Smith completed the HNC Creative Writing Project at GCNS in 2008, the Steps New Writers Course at the Mitchell Library in 2009 and the MLitt-Creative Writing at Glasgow University in 2012. She has had various poems published in several anthologies including the Scottish Ballad ‘Dumbie & The Devil’ in Long Poem Magazine, 2012. She was MC and organiser of Poetry@The Ivory from 2009 – 2011 then Chair of the Scottish Writers’ Centre based at the CCA in Glasgow from June 2010 to November 2012. Inspiration from the Common Wealth of Writers to Boost Creativity was published as an e-book by Pothole Press in 2013. Available on Amazon etc.,& in print by Fleming Press in 2015.
Jacqueline also has a further contract with Fleming Press for the publication of her novel ‘The Witchfinder’.
‘Jacqueline Smith has worked professionally and creatively to compile a series of interviews by contemporary writers. This collection of material will be inspirational and supportive to any writers seeking insight into the writing process. Jacqueline’s method of investigating the writing world and her thorough approach to processing the material are to be commended. Her proposed book will join the shelves of aspiring and accomplished writers and contain content with relevance to all.’
Liz Niven, Award-winning Poet; author of ‘The Shard Box’
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch