Addressing Sustainable Goals in the Fashion Industry
Thursday 4 November 2021 – 4pm – 5.15pm
Free Online event – Register at EventBrite
As fashion embraces a sustainable future, what role can education and employment play in the industry’s revolution?
On November 4 an expert panel will debate how best to put sustainability at the heart of the fashion industry and embed new working practices and educational models.
How can the industry and education foster sustainable skills to ensure new talent entering industry has the expertise and knowledge required to champion sustainability?
Addressing Sustainable Goals in the Fashion Industry through Education and Employability, organised by Glasgow Caledonian University in partnership with the EU-funded Sustainability Fashion Employability Skills (SFES) project, will debate the environmental issues that fashion currently faces as the industry looks for solutions.
The panel will feature:
• Mark Hogarth, Creative Director at Harris Tweed Hebrides
• Jill Farrell, Director of Customer Engagement and Communications at Zero Waste Scotland
• Ignacio Sierra, Corporate General Manager of the Tendam Global Fashion Retail
• Dr Nuria Llobregat-Gomez, International Affairs Director and Core Officer for the ENHANCE Alliance from the Universitat Politecnica de Valencia
• Dr Lindsey Drylie Carey, Principal investigator for the SFES project and Senior Lecturer in Marketing at GCU
• Greg Paton, PhD student at GCU researching fast fashion
• Richard Dictus, President of amfori
The SFES project, led by GCU, involves Universidad Villanueva, in Madrid, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Edhec Business School, in France, and Universidade da Madeira, in Portugal, and has Harris Tweed Hebrides and the Madrid-based retail group Tendam as industry partners.
The event will be followed by a Q&A. You can submit your question(s) in advance or via the Q&A functionality on the day.
Details on how to join this live event will be sent to those registered 48 hours prior to the event starting.
- 50 Pots – Scottish Pottery Exhibition
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Govanhill International Carnival and Parade
- Friends of Peoples Palace & Winter Garden at Glasgow Green Fun Day
- A Day Of Fun Inspired by John Byrne
- Repair Cafe at Glorious Govan Gala
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- The Glasgow Effect: Online Talk with Ellie Harrison
- MACFEST: Celebrating Diverse African Cultural Heritage
- The Feeling Sonnets – Carcanet Book Launch
- Merchant City Festival: Be Bop Bairns
- Merchant City Festival: Reinventing the Bicycle
- Letters of Hope, Milk Cafe, Refugee Festival
- Glasgow Pride Mardi Gla – U of G Group
- Make Music Day 2022
- Aye Festival – Spit it Out
- Festival of Growing