Addressing Sustainable Goals in the Fashion Industry
Thursday 4 November 2021 – 4pm – 5.15pm
Free Online event – Register at EventBrite
As fashion embraces a sustainable future, what role can education and employment play in the industry’s revolution?
On November 4 an expert panel will debate how best to put sustainability at the heart of the fashion industry and embed new working practices and educational models.
How can the industry and education foster sustainable skills to ensure new talent entering industry has the expertise and knowledge required to champion sustainability?
Addressing Sustainable Goals in the Fashion Industry through Education and Employability, organised by Glasgow Caledonian University in partnership with the EU-funded Sustainability Fashion Employability Skills (SFES) project, will debate the environmental issues that fashion currently faces as the industry looks for solutions.
The panel will feature:
• Mark Hogarth, Creative Director at Harris Tweed Hebrides
• Jill Farrell, Director of Customer Engagement and Communications at Zero Waste Scotland
• Ignacio Sierra, Corporate General Manager of the Tendam Global Fashion Retail
• Dr Nuria Llobregat-Gomez, International Affairs Director and Core Officer for the ENHANCE Alliance from the Universitat Politecnica de Valencia
• Dr Lindsey Drylie Carey, Principal investigator for the SFES project and Senior Lecturer in Marketing at GCU
• Greg Paton, PhD student at GCU researching fast fashion
• Richard Dictus, President of amfori
The SFES project, led by GCU, involves Universidad Villanueva, in Madrid, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Edhec Business School, in France, and Universidade da Madeira, in Portugal, and has Harris Tweed Hebrides and the Madrid-based retail group Tendam as industry partners.
The event will be followed by a Q&A. You can submit your question(s) in advance or via the Q&A functionality on the day.
Details on how to join this live event will be sent to those registered 48 hours prior to the event starting.
- Eden Communities: Walk, Run, Cycle N. Ireland and East Dunbartonshire Networking Event
- Glasgow Goes Green at Arc: Festival Event
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Lunar New Year Celebration at Woodlands Community
- Mika & Me Optical Studios Glasgow
- Secession Open Day Private Parties and Weddings
- Take 2. Monsters Inc
- Nicky Murray – Billiard Room Sessions
- Glasgow Literary and Music Lounge at The Scotia Bar
- Wullie Davidson: Record Global Temperature in 2023
- The Carlton Jug Band
- Folk Carols in the Dram
- Martina Evans, Mirrorball Showcase
- Christmas Fayre Gallowgate
- Carols in the Cloisters
- Friday Focus: Scottish Art Acquisitions
- Family Cycle Ride Glasgow Green
- Floating Worlds: Erraid Sound, University of Glasgow ARC
- Music at The Millwood – Southside Sundays
- Spooctakular Happening Children’s Wood