Addressing Sustainable Goals in the Fashion Industry
Thursday 4 November 2021 – 4pm – 5.15pm
Free Online event – Register at EventBrite
As fashion embraces a sustainable future, what role can education and employment play in the industry’s revolution?
On November 4 an expert panel will debate how best to put sustainability at the heart of the fashion industry and embed new working practices and educational models.
How can the industry and education foster sustainable skills to ensure new talent entering industry has the expertise and knowledge required to champion sustainability?
Addressing Sustainable Goals in the Fashion Industry through Education and Employability, organised by Glasgow Caledonian University in partnership with the EU-funded Sustainability Fashion Employability Skills (SFES) project, will debate the environmental issues that fashion currently faces as the industry looks for solutions.
The panel will feature:
• Mark Hogarth, Creative Director at Harris Tweed Hebrides
• Jill Farrell, Director of Customer Engagement and Communications at Zero Waste Scotland
• Ignacio Sierra, Corporate General Manager of the Tendam Global Fashion Retail
• Dr Nuria Llobregat-Gomez, International Affairs Director and Core Officer for the ENHANCE Alliance from the Universitat Politecnica de Valencia
• Dr Lindsey Drylie Carey, Principal investigator for the SFES project and Senior Lecturer in Marketing at GCU
• Greg Paton, PhD student at GCU researching fast fashion
• Richard Dictus, President of amfori
The SFES project, led by GCU, involves Universidad Villanueva, in Madrid, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Edhec Business School, in France, and Universidade da Madeira, in Portugal, and has Harris Tweed Hebrides and the Madrid-based retail group Tendam as industry partners.
The event will be followed by a Q&A. You can submit your question(s) in advance or via the Q&A functionality on the day.
Details on how to join this live event will be sent to those registered 48 hours prior to the event starting.
This section: COP26 Glasgow, Free Events, Zoom and online events
- Carols in the Cloisters, University of Glasgow
- Interfaith Food Justice: Winter Networking Event
- Christmas Festival Finn’s Place
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- C7 Christmas Spectacular: A Jangle Journey
- Bay Inn Bowling – Annual Christmas Quiz
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Byres Road: Christmas Market and Christmas Tree Light Up
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- Becoming Cousteau at GFT
- Planters on the Biophilic Way Tidal Map Glasgow
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- COP26: Eco Echoes, Tinderbox Collective: Write Songs and Make Games
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- COP26: The Climate Justice Cabaret
- Glasgow: Global Day of Action for Climate Justice