#8: Wedding In Blood (with Graeme Macrae Burnet), 20 Aug, 2015
Thursday, August 20, 2015
7:00pm – 11:00pm
The Old Hairdressers
Our August screening, presented in association with Alliance Française Glasgow, is Claude Chabrol’s Wedding in Blood (Les Noces Rouges, 1973). It’s a rare chance to see Chabrol’s classic portrait of an amour fou with deadly consequences in provincial France, starring Stéphane Audran (The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie, The Big Red One) and Michel Piccoli (Danger Diabolik, Mauvais Sang).
The screening will be introduced by Graeme Macrae Burnet, author of The Disappearance of Adèle Bedeau, a literary thriller set in the small town of Saint-Louis in the Alsace (published by Saraband/Contraband), and winner of a Scottish Book Trust New Writers Award 2013.
Doors 7pm, programme begins 7.15pm.
Tickets are £3 from www.eventbrite.co.uk
Better to book online in advance as seats are limited.
August’s screening is by arrangement with Artedis
The Old Hairdressers
20 – 28 Renfield Lane, Glasgow G2 6PH
The poster is Peter Strausfeld’s original poster for Wedding In Blood’s run at London’s Academy Cinema in 1973.
“Peter Strausfeld played an important part in the post-war British cinema culture as he was probably not only the last but also the most prolific ‘traditional’ cinema poster designer. For 33 years, from 1947 to 1980, his posters for the Academy Cinema in London could be seen in over 300 of the capital’s underground stations, advertising the very best in world cinema. Cinema posters, both then and now, relied on photographs from the film and typography. Peter’s approach was very different. For each one of his posters, he prepared a linocut of a striking image related to each film and set it on a bold single colour background. His posters reflected his interest in making art popular and accessible, especially as each underground station became his gallery.”
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Sea Change Film Festival 2022
- Where The Crawdads Sing at GFT
- Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans + introduction
- Hit the Road at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Paris Texas at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Joyride at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Dance Along Festival: Encanto, Merchant City Festival
- Pather Panchali at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Fire of Love at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Top Gun(4 k) plus Top Gun: Maverick at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cafe Flicker at GMAC
- Casino plus recorded introduction
- MIND-SET Indie Film in Scotland