Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AND:

for a wee change of pace, re "the branch office", factoring in the wind chill factor it is 18 below C and supposed tae go tae one above the morra; too big a change, methinks.

Ventured oot twice, the day. Walked doon tae the variety shop and bought a scratch ticket. Hame, and efter the shiverin stopped i started the percolator....the aroma is mibee enhanced by the cauld weather; then again mibee no. Cannae speak for the rest of yees but the smell of percolatin coffee is maist enjoyable. It mibee disnae reach the heights of that faint whiff of channel number five but then again, what does.

We are still getting high winds and a slight bit of snow. Earlier i was thinkin that if the snow maintained its rate of falling we would need at least a month afore we got enough for three snowballs. Second time oot it is a tiny bit heavier.

Furst trip produced a ten dollar scratch ticket. So minus three for the initial purchase and three for the second one, am still four bucks ahead...or i wid be if i hadnae bought a few pro pick tickets oan the fitba.

Second ticket gies me three dollars so am awa tae get anithur ticket.

tam

PS I remembered tae wear gloves....second trip. Gloves are leather and fur lined; still cold oan the fingers.

PPS and the woman in the store didnae need tae tell me tae remember the gloves; i wasnae leavin i was simply checkin the weather.

edited tae add "chill" and needed to insert two l's in place of two f's. and it disnae matter where.

Furstly i need tae get the shoes off. Laces.

Time for velcro fasteners (Heidy telt me aboot them)

see the wee man disnae really wants tae be touched by fingers that are minutes awa frae frostbite

Was thinking that very thing the other day.

No really sure what is going oan but mibee the near frozen toilet seat has slowed my inner workings because am sittin and no able tae pee.

Do you always sit to pee, Tam? And if so, what is the thinking behind it?

Mods, please remove this to the 'Peeing' thread. :lol:

Do you always sit to pee, Tam? And if so, what is the thinking behind it?

Mods, please remove this to the 'Peeing' thread. :lol:

HH, I only sit when the situation calls for a hands off "tinkle"....took a few minutes tae think of tinkle..and better tae tinkle than be edited.

And...just got off the phone tae the D. in L.....thurs a baseboard heater in that toilet thit hasnae been oan because am thinking it wasnae hooked up.....she also advised no tae close that door...ay telt her it was like using an outside toilet....aw that giggling ay hope she pees hersel.

tam

HH, I only sit when the situation calls for a hands off "tinkle"....took a few minutes tae think of tinkle..and better tae tinkle than be edited.

And...just got off the phone tae the D. in L.....thurs a baseboard heater in that toilet thit hasnae been oan because am thinking it wasnae hooked up.....she also advised no tae close that door...ay telt her it was like using an outside toilet....aw that giggling ay hope she pees hersel.

tam

Maiey oh maiey!!!

...one doesn't quite know what to say :lol:

:lol:

someone should start a thread aboot thoughtless landlords.....here's me, freezin aw the wee bits am sae fond of and there is a baseboard heater that only needed tae be turned oan...dae ye think the landlord wid tell me, nae chance.

tam

Maiey oh maiey!!!

...one doesn't quite know what to say :lol:

:lol:

Regarding not closing the toilet door, we were a wee but bemused once when we stayed in a guesthouse in the Borders. The place was very old and quaint with odd wee corridors and our the toilet and bathroom were in one corridor just round from our room. That was okay but we were a bit alarmed when the owner warned us not to shut the door as we might get locked in. We just stayed the one night. :lol:

Maggs:

no closing the door allows the heat tae circulate....the toilet is part of an addition and there isnae any insulation in the walls ergo it is bloody cold in the winter which happens tae be the noo.

tam

AAh weel Tam I jist Thocht I wid share this with you.

It gets down to about 18-19°C at night here & hovering round 30°C during the day, usually with a nice breeze off the ocean. I havent owned a pair of gloves since I left Glasgow or indeed an overcoat or wooly vests. I hadnt even seen snow till is was in Scotland.

This morning Im wearing light cotton polo shirt & light denim shorts, no socks or shoes. sitting in branch office having my first cup of coffee for day listening to a mob of kookaburras squabbling over nesting rights on best trees. A flock of about 30 Sulphur crested cockatoos flew over about half an hour ago yelling to each other about the affairs of Tiger Woods & how disgraceful it was. They are gorgeous looking birds, the cockatoos not Tigers friends, pity they cant sing.

Later I may take a wander along the beach front at Dee Why or Collaroy depending on mood and enjoy the sea & sun.

It gets down to about 18-19°C at night here & hovering round 30°C during the day, usually with a nice breeze off the ocean. I havent owned a pair of gloves since I left Glasgow or indeed an overcoat or wooly vests. I hadnt even seen snow till is was in Scotland.

This morning Im wearing light cotton polo shirt & light denim shorts, no socks or shoes. sitting in branch office having my first cup of coffee for day listening to a mob of kookaburras squabbling over nesting rights on best trees. A flock of about 30 Sulphur crested cockatoos flew over about half an hour ago yelling to each other about the affairs of Tiger Woods & how disgraceful it was. They are gorgeous looking birds, the cockatoos not Tigers friends, pity they cant sing.

Later I may take a wander along the beach front at Dee Why or Collaroy depending on mood and enjoy the sea & sun.

I am so jealous. I love Australia...you have parrots for pigeons, it's amazing. :lol:

It's below zero here...heart attack cold :lol:

Get tae............................. :lol:

It sounds Idealic Oz, and I'm sure I might enjoy it sometime, but having been brought up in UK I think I would miss never having a cold wintry Christmas, am I weird :lol:

Yes! Could never stand cold at Xmas in UK. Very seldom snow.

Cooking traditional Xmas dinner here is a bit of a bugger having oven on in 30° heat. We normally have a BBQ now ( steak, chops, snags , coleslaw & potato salad) l with Seafood for starters (prawns scallops oysters etc) & pavlova for afters with bikkies & cheese.

Oz, as Maggs says, "it sounds idyllic" and two or three weeks of that would be wonderful, jist no the noo, though mibee February. Windsor has had many scorcher summers and a week of 30+ is mair than enough.

tam

and thais new fangled ladyburds seem tae thrive in the hot weather....mair than a wee bit nippy when they bite.