Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

Going deaf means I miss the music, but do on occasion put a CD on. I sorted through some and found one I had forgotten about. It was delivered to me in 2006, shortly after one of my trips hame. The performer is someone I was on line with and I had forgotten how much his voice appealed, he could have sung anything by Stan Rogers; a lot of water under the bridge since those days; where in hell does the time go ?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good afternoon to Glasgowwestend, another brilliant day here, sunshine, blue skies and yesterday the temperature rose to 12 C; looking for more of the same....and now off to timmies....soon as I get dressed.

• 2 weeks later...

"Spring is Sprung".

"The grass is riz" perhaps not completely riz but it is visible, not a bit of snow anywhere. And the winter wheat seen from my kitchen window is green, healthy, robust looking and very soon a man may start his "Garden of Eden"; I hope so, it is one of those extra pleasures we can enjoy because of where we live.

Ridgetown is a good place to be at any time. We have way more than a fair share of nice folk, people who have time to chat, nod hello or lend a hand when needed; I like it here.

"Spring", not only in this area is when a young man's "fancy" turns to thoughts of love; it is human nature and those who disagree should go to the back of the class and join those who raised an eyebrow when they read "young"; a relative term meaning, in my case, seventy-five is not the end of the road.

Before departing the "love" topic, ladies should be aware of a slight change which some men have adopted when asking for a date; a dinner date, a lunch date, midnight snack or breakfast. It was in days gone by de rigeur to establish the marital status of the target (lady, meant to say lady, honest, target is such a faux pas ). However, nowadays, with women exerting their "rights", some men, because they wish to adhere to the "rights" of women, will not ask, "are you married", this then puts the ball squarely in the woman's court and she can accept or reject any proposal...definitely seems fair to me.

This is Sunday and the quietness of Sunday has always been a good time: Sunday being treated as a "day like any other" has not been an improvement to our way of life, leastwise not to me. My "quiet" on this Sunday is made more poignant because my pesty hearing aids are not being used....but I will put them in if I step outside to hear the birds; I like that, especially the two morning doves who have taken up residence in a nearby fir tree.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta be in the seventies, today...a neighbour has taken last years growth out of my tiny garden and my tomatoes will be in before the end of the week...mibees.....curious about the scammers and just wondering why this site gets so many; every time i drop in the list might say four members and that is when I know there will be me and three children, somewhere in the world, snickering because they have joined a web site using an invented name.

Enjoy the good weather and forget about the snickering children, tam. It's more than likely robots so they're unaware of our disapproval and they definitely can't post. :)

Yarlington Housing Group which manages 9,000 homes in Somerset, has asked residents to sign the plans, which include quitting smoking, losing weight and managing their money, when they apply for a seven year fixed tenancy.

If they want the house then why not just sign the ambition plan. I think the Chief Exec of the Housing Assoc has ambitions to run the next version of the NHS.

• 1 month later...

It took awhile tae find this thread...anyhoo...am daein a google tryin tae find the meaning of, "bella mia tiama" (no sure that is oanywhere near correct) when google gies as one of their finds, glasgowwesend, ye cannae go off topic thread with a post by mahsel, a post imploring the lovely Maggs tae " return a mia"....sometimes an awfy small wurld.

tam, I think you're just going to have to resign yourself to us lot. At least Hingmie is back on now again – now you had a very sort spot for Hingmie. :)

bella mia ti amo - ti amo, is I love you. Bella mia - my beauty.

love to see him go all the way, this is his golden opportunity.....almost sure that Tomic is the guy whose father is charged with assault; the father is barred and his is the coach.....mind he hasnae been found guilty yet so it seems tae me that barring the man is a wee bit premature.

Murray is up 2 sets to nil and ahead in the third set by 5 games to 1....but as yogi Berra once said, "it ain't over till it's over".

Quarter finals coming up..