Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And now I am on-line with the boss of bosses.....tried to switch my phone server....Bell has a susidiary which does phone $10.00 a month cheaper, plus unlimited long distance, anywhere in North America....after the first hour I said to the sales woman, "not understanding everything you are saying so, if you send an e-mail I can agree or not....she sent an e-maim and bottom line was no savings....it took another hour to find someone to switch me back to what I am not happy with....and...the subsidiary phone people are all in India...they sent an e-mail to me and have changed my name to, "Akash Rajput", honest tae God. Boy, isn't living in an open market place, exciting, or should that be "surprising" ?

Sounds like a helluva mixup, tam. I've probably lost out on a lot of deals because I never switch anything but I just can't cope with the hassles and delays that I hear so much of. Do we keep calling you tam or should we adopt Akash fo a wee change? :lol:

Pat: as was said, many years ago, "call me what you want but don't call me late for dinner".....Harper: if someone was to get my banking details, they widnae steal, they wid make a deposit, ahm that poor...thank guidness the lottery is wednesday.

Good luck with the lottery, tam.

I had my first sales call the other day when they came on and didn't mispronounce my name - they just called me Pat. That fairly threw me. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic rugby weekend for the Six Nations 2013.

England played a brilliant game against France, winning 23/13.

Scotland more than held their own against Ireland this afternoon with a 12/8 victory.

Creig Laidlaw/ Chris Robshaw I love you! xxxxx

• 3 weeks later...

Overcast in Ridgetown but not heavy, quite bright above and looks like scattered clouds o'er the lake. Ridgetown is looking forward to an early spring, mind I cannae remember if March came in like a lion or a lamb....sorta hoping it was a roarin lion cause it wull leave like the wee lamb.

Seeing a lady who says she is "too auld fur you" isnae easy because the minute ye kindle a fire she stomps it oot.

Guid luck we yur search for sun, CannyLass. And if you are in the neighbourhood, do drop in.

I cannae find the birthday thread for Gayle.

This might be anithur post that wullnae mak sense but this thread hasnae been touched for near two weeks....posted oan anithur site, a site for auld folk, folk like mahsel.....

Sunday,9:16 in the AM, have looked outside, front and back, a beautiful day beckons. Sparse clouds causing a haziness far above; not the least bit un-pleasant above and clear over the lake, blue skies rule.
Read a large number of posts, yesterday, and was rewarded with a "glad I am here" feeling. Doing a post was on my mind when e-mail informed of the long, lost, youngest daughter and you lot were forgotten; youngest tends to wander and we never know where she is. There are times when she needs help but she never recognizes those times.
Another of my wonderful brood visited, yesterday afternoon. She lives in London, Ontario and brought enough pre-cooked meals to do me for a week or so, shepherds pies, green pea soups, chicken fried rice, egg rolls, bran muffins and lord know what else; her cooking skills are on par with those of her Mother.
I need to get busy with a number of things but the back of my mind will be filled with the youngest; perhaps she will call and perhaps not.
I will try a couple of PMs, today, not being secretive at all, just that many times PMs are more like a conversation and who would deny this old man a conversation with Joan or the "Kid".....
And someone else I haven't met before has posted...cannae mind the name but the photae is very attractive....oh dear, not supposed to say things like that, forgive me......he mumbled.

Hope your youngest will be in touch, tam.

All that food sounds wonderful - your daughter certainly came prepared to give you a treat.

By the way. Is 24 take away 18 no six? Not that the thread is particularly busy but there were quite a few posts on 18th March!

It is that Pat, six tae be sure, mind me being this long retired does take it's toll, either that or am thinking that the creator worked overtime and did the entire job in three days.

Well, anything is possible, tam. :)

It's like the Arctic here today. Piecing wind and red noses. We went to a garden party but after an hour snuck off to the pictures.

Shout out to Willie Campbell.

My friend Barbara wants to know if you knew Mrs Gillespie who worked in the glove department at Daley's..... or it might have been Mrs Gilmour who worked in perfumery. :( Either way, she was a bit of a tartar. :lol:

I read a thread started by Dex and was surprised tae learn that he had gone to a girls school; must have been hellish in the winter, what we the shaving of the legs annaw.