Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
HollowHorn

The Partick Tavern

Guest westtender

Jaysus - wid ye look at the windaes they've ripped oot of the place!

That looked like a nice pub, once upon a time. PT is an absolute hovel these days.

Nice ladies, and good range of ages; a proper hen party. The bride to be looks quite shy and abashed.

Refreshing. Great find HH. More Please!

Superb and I recognised half of the people in that clip. The first lady to speak was the barmaid in The Smiddy for many a year.

I also witnessed several stag nights in the Tavern which always ended with some eejit shouting for the group to strip the groom, usually at this point a square go would erupt as the groom defended his trousers.

Guest westtender

:)

Fab. I did find myself thinking as I was watching the clip that I hoped somebody here might be in it or at least recognise folk in it.

Wow, the place looks nothing like that anymore! I don't like the Tavern, but I doubt it's the same pub as it was, back then. I was never in it until about 5/6 years ago or so.

Wow, the place looks nothing like that anymore! I don't like the Tavern, but I doubt it's the same pub as it was, back then. I was never in it until about 5/6 years ago or so.

The Tavern of the 1980s suffered from some a dreadful collection of draft beers and lagers.

Guest westtender

The Tavern of the 1980s suffered from some a dreadful collection of draft beers and lagers.

Which made it different from all other 80s pubs, how?

It's a midden these days, that's for sure. By the looks of things, a grand pub was lost.

Which made it different from all other 80s pubs, how?

It's a midden these days, that's for sure. By the looks of things, a grand pub was lost.

McEwans always put a pub at a disadvantage