Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

EU Withdrawal Bill

Thinks that will definitely be the case. Although, some may be wary if they know about the Windrush Generation.

Not so much but he's fairly having a go at Theresa May. I don't think anyone is paying him much attention – the poster boy appears to be Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Anyone who watched Theresa May's near hysterical nonsense following her meeting in Strasbourg and still thinks brexit is right needs their heads examined or are stinking rich, have millions hidden in offshore accounts and is salivating at the prospect of the sell off of the NHS to privateers.

£50 to see your GP, £1,000 capped maximum for a hospital stay. 

It will be back to charity hospitals for the poor and anyone with a chronic condition. Get cancer and you will bankrupt yourself.

Still, a blue passport.

5 hours ago, samscafeamericain said:

https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/2018/09/23/labour-rips-up-the-claim-of-right/

What a labour party conference.

Sectarian comments from Andy Kerr and stupid comments from Richard Leonard. 

Andy Kerr totally out of order.  He was apparently going for the jovial approach. 
Richard Leonard sounding daft. There's as much chance of me being First Minister as him. 

This should be essential viewing by all Brexiteers. 

Listening to Radio 4 this morning I heard one of the 27 reps say, 'I don't understand what the fuss is about Northern ire land'. If reps of the 27 don't understand, what chance has anyone else. That's rhetorical by the way. Recently Paul Merton, on reading the headline 'What is the problem with Ireland?', commented the newspaper then took pages 2-98 to try and explain. Many books have been written about 'the problem of Ireland'. I've read some of them and was married to a Belfast man for a long time - from the Falls. The in-laws 'put me straight'!!!  Have also studied a lot of English/Irish history which does back to at least the twelfth century. Like it or not we sowed the wind and have been reaping the whirlwind ever since. Northern Ireland voted to remain in the UK and still want to remain. We dumped the Commonwealth to join the EU. We now believe that they will rally round and allow us to form trade links.  How arrogant. We screw then and then want them to help the 'Mother'  Country. Are we about now about to abandon Northern Ireland? It is a problem, one that we created.

I can only remember one of the questions on my 'A' level exam paper.

Gladstone said (1868): 'My mission is to pacify Ireland.' Discuss! I had an hour to answer....

Four ministries later he hadn't succeeded... Doubt we ever will.

Too true, Mary. The Good Friday Agreement was not easily come buy and has been a big success.  It's not going to be ditched because it's an inconvenience to the Brexiteers.  I don't know how often I've heard them say that they have the technology to ease the Border issue but no-one ever says exactly what this is so seems they don't have it at all.  

I watched a political programme the other day when Ross Thomson the Scottish Tory MP was laying off about how easily the Border issue could be solved.  Neale Richmond Fine Gael Spokesperson for European Affairs put him in his place '

Mo"As someone who grew up in the Good Friday Agreement period, I’m not going to take a lecture about what this is" @nealerichmond

Going from utter shambles to super chaos.  Scotland completely sidelined as N. Ireland, Gibraltar, Cyprus all get bespoke arrangements.  Scotland would be a huge disadvantage competing with N. Ireland and DUP unhappy, four resignations today. Will May be going? Will there be a People's Vote? Rees-Mogg definitely sees himself as PM in waiting. Oh dear!

any passing stranger grabbed and made brexit secretary.

Meanwhile Amber Ruud becomes DWP minister, that should take welfare to new levels of depravity 

Meanwhile special deals for Gibraltar and Norn Ireland. Sadly, Scotland with its new found oil wealth (2014 the BBC reported the oil would have run out by 2019) is being clutched to the bosum of the failed state. Seems, as in the 70s and 80s, the black gold will bypass Scotland and flow straight to the London coffers to pay for Westminster blundering and corporation tax cuts.

Meanwhile Norway has a one trillion euro oil wealth fund and one of the highest standards of living in Western Europe. Go figure! 

Hopefully the Brexit debacle will let more people know how inept the UK Government is and help along the cause of Scottish Independence.  Looks like the Tory party is about to implode.

Glad people are starting to see the light. Looks like there will be a fight among the Tories to see who will be the next PM as looks like enough no confidence letters have now gone in. What an utter shambles of a Government.  

No luck in Ireland for Theresa May either - Mary Lou McDonald Sinn Fein President has asked for a united Ireland referendum in the face of a no deal Brexit. 
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2018/dec/11/brexit-deal-latest-theresa-may-eu-juncker-tells-may-deal-could-be-clarified-but-no-room-whatsoever-for-renegotiation-politics-live

EU signs a trade deal with Japan, to create the largest trade deal in the globe.

brexit takes UK out of that deal, and probably signs the death knell for Nissan plant in Sunderland (they voted for brexit).  Worringly, there's a lot of jobs dependent upon Japanese companies in Scotland.

Apparently most Scots would rather leave the UK than leave Europe.  The utter farce that is Brexit, the total incompetence of Tory Government in negotiating any kind of promising deal and May's absolute lack of self-awareness certainly doesn't inspire confidence. 

May could never get a deal, her party are being duplicitous. Cameron despite being a twat is no mug and knew what an impossible task it was. Half of the tory party want the carnage of a no deal brexit while the other half don't want to leave at all, add into that mix the dinosaur denying DuP and its an impossibility.  Perversely, the majority of people in Norn Ireland voted to remain, you wouldn't think that the way the DUP go on. 

See Jacob Rees Mogg and Liam Fox both warning that if a People's Vote went ahead then it would be difficult to deny Scottish Referendum.  Completely dismissing the massive number of citizens pushing for the former and growing support for the latter.