Wild Words Festival, Woodlands Community Garden, 2 October, 2016
They’ve got a great line up at Wild Words Harvest Festival on Sunday 2nd October. Taking place both at the Community Garden, 91-101 West Princes St, Glasgow G4 9BY and Fred Paton Centre, 19 Carrington Street, Glasgow, G4 9AJ
Workshops 2 -6pm (free, registration from 1.30pm)
Harvest Dinner 6.30-8.30pm (£6 adults, £3 children)
WILD WORD WORKSHOPS
Sunday 2nd October 2-8.30pm
2.00 – 3.15 Louse Welsh: Putting Fiction in its Place (Fiction)
The workshop will experiment with using our ve senses to write about place. It will take place both indoors & in the garden – regardless of the weather and will be a mixture of discussion and hands-on exercises. Louise Welsh is the author of seven novels, most recently ‘Death is a Welcome Guest’. She has received numerous awards including a Doctor of Arts from Edinburgh Napier University. She is Professor of Creative Writing at the University of Glasgow.
3.30 – 4.45 Esther Woolfson: The Wonder of Birds (Nature Writing)
5.00 – 6.15 Nalini Paul: Sensing Autumn (Poetry)
FAMILIES & CHILDREN
2.00 – 3.15 Allison Galbraith: Garden Stories (Storytelling)
3.30 – 4.45 Viv Gee: Families Can be Funny (Comedy)
5.00 – 6.15 Grainne Ronney: Playing with Music (Music and Song)
All workshops are free, registration opens on the day from 1.30pm. Check website for full details.
WILD WORDS: HARVEST DINNER
6.30pm—8.30pm at Fred Paton Centre
HOSTED BY WOODLANDS COMMUNITY GARDEN POP-UP CAFÉ
£6 adults, £3 children. Tickets available on the day.
Feast on a beautiful three course vegetarian and vegan Harvest Dinner,
with tasty seasonal veg cooked by our delicious community café team.
Enjoy performances between courses and keep the creativity and celebration going into the evening.
WILD WORDS is supported by Scottish Book Trust as part of Literature Live.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Woodlands Community Garden
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2019
- The Lighthouse is celebrating its 20th Birthday
- Beatson Cancer Charity Gin and Sing, Bohemian Rhapsody
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Restless Natives – a screening West End Festival
- West End Shop Fronts, Virtual Tour Kelvin Hall
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Dusty Won’t Play at OranMor, West End Festival
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- SPLIT Glasgow Art Collective Graduate Showcase
- Summer Ball Fundraiser Craft Café Govan
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- The Italian Job GFT
- Class of 1984 | Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Sleepless in Seattle, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Late Night GFT