West End Festival’s Electric Gardens 13 November – 6 December, 2015
This winter’s light and sound experience from the West End Festival in Glasgow’s Botanic Gardens ‘The Electric Gardens II: Lux Botanicum’.
Friday, 13 November to Sunday, 6 December, 2015
Last Week-End Folks – ends 6th December
We went along – we loved it:
Building on last winter’s successful event, the experience will encourage adults, children and groups, to walk through the darkened upper Botanic Gardens with dramatic lighting, sound effects and music. The Kibble Palace will once again be open throughout the event.
Michael Dale, West End Festival director said: “We’re very excited to launch our second winter event, The Electric Gardens II, Lux Botanicum. For this event, we’ve chosen to concentrate on the natural features of the Botanic Gardens, in particular the rarer trees, the animals that live in the park and a series of specially created masks that have been hidden away for visitors to discover.
“We received positive and constructive feedback after last winter’s event, which gave us new ideas and has helped us to improve the experience for our second event. We’ll have food and hot drinks available to buy every night, and we’ve also created an exciting new ‘fire theatre’ which will be performed on stage every night. To celebrate the launch, we’re even giving a whopping discount for the first two weeks!”
The event will run 5.30pm-8pm Wednesday to Sunday with entry slots every 15 minutes. In order to help people plan their visits, the organisers have announced that there will be fixed performance times for the fire theatre: 6.15pm, 6.45pm, 7.45pm and 8.15pm each day.
The broad paths of the Botanic Gardens means the experience is accessible to all. Organisers would like to remind visitors that this is an outdoor event and the darker nights, coupled with the nature of the event and natural landscape of the Gardens, mean that families and individuals should come prepared.
An early bird offer (25% off) has launched today until midnight 9 October and for tickets on the opening weekend, there is also a discount. In response to feedback, there are cheaper tickets midweek. Tickets are priced at: Child (5 to 14) £4-5.25 (early)/£5-7 (full), adults £6 – 9 (early)/ £8-12 (full) and a family ticket (for four) £18.75-27 (early)/ £25-36.
For children under five admission is free but registration is still required.
Buy tickets online
Festival organisers want to encourage all local businesses to participate and follow Oran Mor’s example with the restaurant offering 10% off meals during The Electric Gardens to visitors holding tickets for that day. The festival will promote any similar offers via its social media channels and email list.
Liz Scobie, the festival’s chairman, added: “We welcomed around 18,000 people at the inaugural Electric Gardens and we’re every bit as confident for a successful event this winter”.
Tickets and information available via www.westendfestival.co.uk It’s advisable to book early as tickets are expected to sell quickly!
Filed under: Christmas in Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Kids and young people, Pat's Home Page Blog, West End Festival 2015, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Spirito, Interiors, Cards, Gifts, Crow Road, Broomhill, Glasgow
- Ashton Lane Hogmanay Street Party 2017
- A Relaxed Performance of The Sleeping Beauty, Kings Theatre, Glasgow
- Book Fair at the Botanics 28 and 29 December, 2017
- The Muppet Christmas Carol Screening and Toy Collection for Shelter Scotland, OranMor
- Christmas at GFT, 3 – 23 December, 2017
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Christmas Markets Glasgow City Centre – 9 November – 22 December, 2017
- The Glasgow Guild Christmas Department Store
- Called You Last Night From Glasgow, Club Night, Broadcast
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Glasgow Christmas Markets, Fairs and Shopping Events
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Avant Garde, Friday 22 December, 2017
- The Hidden Lane Late Night Shopping for Christmas
- Santa’s Magical Grotto at Lomond Shores until 24 December, 2017
- Mother India Christmas Menu
- Mistletoe and Mystery Evening , Partick Burgh Hall
- Merchant Square Christmas Craft Fair
- Christmas Drive In Movies, The Riverside Museum