West End Festival: Duke Ellington’s Sacred Concert and other works, St Mary’s Cathedral, Sat 10 June, 2017
St Mary’s Festival Chorus and Big Band present Duke Ellington’s rarely performed Sacred Concert (arr. Hoybye/Pedersen) along with a selection of other notable works for Big Band.
Influenced by emotive events in his last decade, the Sacred Concert has been described as “bringing the Cotton Club to the church”.
Joining us for this evening as the Mezzo-soprano soloist is Lea Shaw (RCS)
Tickets are £10 and available on the door (doors open 7pm)
All proceeds will go to the St Mary’s Organ Restoration Fund.
St Mary’s Episcopal Cathedral, 300 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9JB (Adjacent to Kelvinbridge Underground)
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, West End Festival 2017, West End Festival Glasgow, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Linlithgow Folk Festival 2018
- #Beactive Festival, George Square, Glasgow
- Faifley Rocks, Cochno Stone Fun Day
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, School of Rock, Blythswood Hall.
- The Claire Macdonald Game Cookbook, National Library of Scotland
- Scotland All Day Sacred Harp Singing 2018
- Social Bite – Sleep in the Park – Tackling Homelessness in Scotland
- Musicians in Exile, The Pearce Institute
- Martha L Healy, Album Launch, The Glad Cafe
- Hazy Recollections – Woody Pines , Yvonne Lyon , Al Shields, Glasgow Americana
- The Glad Cafe, 6th birthday celebration
- Glasgow Americana – Yola Carter & The Red Pine Timber Co, Cottiers
- John Waters’ Polyester – Launch of Scalarama Programme 2018
- Garden Party Weekend, Fundraiser, Glasgow
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Festival 2018, Berlin on Screen GFT
- Seven Song Club Weekender, Merchant City Festival
- GlasGLOW at the Botanic Gardens – Hallowe’en
- Yorkhill and Finnieston Gala 2018
- Publishing Scotland International Showcase, University of Glasgow Chapel