Unesco International Jazz Day Glasgow 30 April, 2016
Events and concerts in Glasgow from 11am – 11.30pm on Saturday 30 April 2016
Joining venues across the world to celebrate International Jazz Day. It’s a unique chance for jazz lovers to indulge themselves, and for the uninitiated to get a taste of this great genre.
Drop into a free Jazz Club from 11am – 5pm, join a Jazz Choir workshop to learn some singing secrets, or bring your little ones to fun family workshops.
Book tickets for evening concerts to hear two of the greatest male voices in jazz:
Pop Up Jazz in Exhibition Hall – Royal Concert Hall
Celebrate UNESCO International Jazz Day by chilling out in a special pop-up Jazz Club, in the Exhibition Hall of Glasgow Royal Concert Hall.
Saturday 30 April, 2016
From 11am to 5pm enjoy performances from a range of groups and bands. everyone welcome, whether you are an avid fan or just fancy hearing some live jazz for the first time. All the music is free to enjoy and the Exhibition Bar will be open.
11:00 Byres Road Big Band
12:15 Paul Towndrow and Steve Hamilton
13:30 Jazz Choir Scotland
14:30 Glasgow Schools Big Band
16:00 Ken Mathieson Classic Jazz Orchestra
UNESCO International Jazz day: GIO Kids
Free – Drop-in – no ticket required 30 April 2016, 12.00PM
A fun interactive workshop for young music
lovers between 5-7 years old! In Glasgow Improvisers Orchestra (GIO), see professional musicians play a variety of instruments, get hands-on and try them yourself, and have a fantastic amount of fun creating music together.
This one-hour session in the City of Music Studio is free, no ticket required.
Glasgow Concert Hall
2 Sauchiehall Street
Peak Time Jazz from the Concourse
Saturday 30 April, 2016
Glasgow Central Station
Gordon Strret Glasgow City Centre
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- The Big Sunday, West End Festival
- Take One Action Film Festival Not Without Us, CCA
- West End Festival – What a Start
- Light up Gaza, Glasgow
- Light Up Gaza, Fundraiser, Glasgow
- Craft Cafe Summer Ball at Pearce Institute
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Museum of the Moon, West End Festival 2018
- Lazy Saturday Afternoon, Friends of the River Kelvin at West End Festival
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- LusoFilm The Invisible Life, CCA
- West End Festival 2018 Songwriting Workshop with Chiara Berardelli
- It’s all kicking off at the West End Festival 2018
- The National Theatre of Scotland presents: The Reason I Jump, West End Festival 2018
- All Dayer OranMor, West End Festival 2018
- Luca Manning, The Blue Arrow
- West End Festival Summer Programme 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- The Great Get Together at The Hidden Lane