The University of Glasgow: Friendly Shelves
The first full, and gloriously illustrated, account of the birth and growth of The University of Glasgow Library from the Renaissance and Reformation; through the emerging Enlightenment; Industrial Expansion & Migration; War, Peace & Opportunity and on to New Horizons is being publicly launched at the University in mid June.
This new book of 288 pages on art paper with over 250 illustrations of many of its unique and distinctive holdings of international status, is being sold in hardback, softback and e-book editions.
Published by The Friends of Glasgow University Library in association with the University Library, all proceeds are being donated to support the Library`s programme of public engagement.
As the book flyer states …..
“The Library stands high, physically on University Avenue, and on the shoulders of those who have gone before, in the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake and for the benefit of all. The Digital Revolution, equal to the fifteenth-century invention of the printing press which democratised learning, is enabling the Library to unlock its many treasures and make them more widely available here and overseas.
Read all about it, and enjoy the visual delights!”
There is an introductory Special Pre-Publication Offer open until 12th June with savings per copy of up to 25% by ordering now either in person at the University Gift Shop (open seven days a week) or by phoning the shop at 0141 330 5511 or online through www.friendsofgul.org which is the new website of the Friends.
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Cindigo, Poets at West End Festival
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library