The Gutter Magazine Party Tuesday, November 24, 2015
The Gutter Magazine Party
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Mono Cafe Bar
10-12 King’s Court, King Street, GlasgowG1 5RB
The Gutter Magazine Party |Janice Galloway| Robert Florence | Kerry Hudson | | Declan Welsh & More | FREE TICKETED EVENT
Mono, 7:30pm til late.
Lucky Gutter 13 is out with work from Liz Lochhead, Ron Butlin, Rodge Glass, Christine De Luca and many more. Not to mention a slightly controversial interview. We’re celebrating by throwing a party for Book Week Scotland. There’ll be some of the best music, poetry, comedy, and stories that Scotland has to offer, as well as a free drink on arrival. Mon oot.
The party is FREE, but please book your tickets: brown paper tickets
L I N E U P
One of the most acclaimed authors of her generation, JANICE GALLOWAY will read from her new Saltire nominated book of short stories, Jellyfish.
KERRY HUDSON is the writer behind Tony Hogan Bought me an Icecream Float Before he Stole my Ma and Thirst. Louise Welsh said that her books should do for Aberdeen what trainspotting did for Edinburgh.
Multi-talented writer, comedian, performer and star of Burnistoun ROBERT FLORENCE joins the lineup.
And to close the night there’ll be music from THE DECLAN WELSH BAND. If Billy Bragg, John Cooper Clark and Pete Doherty had brought up a child together in East Kilbride then social services would likely to have had to intervene. But if they hadn’t, you’d have got Declan Welsh.
Performances start at 8.00. Tickets are limited. It’s gonna be a blast.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- Novelist Ann Cleeves, Creative Conversations
- Christmas Speakeasy and Open Mic, Scottish Writers
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Michael J Malone at Book Week Scotland 2018
- Lin Anderson, Shaping the Story at Scottish Writers Centre
- Catriona Malan ‘Meet the Author’ at Fruin Farm
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic at the Balloch House Hotel
- Creative Conversations: Zinnie Harris, playwright, screenwriter and theatre director.
- From Glasgow to Saturn Call for Submissions
- The Wee Guide to Porridge, Deedee Cuddihy
- Book Week Scotland, Autumn Voices
- Simon Carlyle and Gregor Sharp, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Kusama – Infinity, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Breaking Boundaries, Bringing Translated Literature to Scotland
- Red Squirrel Press, Scottish Writers Centre
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Remembering Glasgow’s Forgotten Women
- Book Week Scotland 2018