The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
Fundraiser for Macmillan Cancer Support
Thursday, June 7th, 2018 – 7 p.m. until 9.30 p.m.
Wine / Raffle/ Canapes – Tickets £15
Part of West End Festival
Accomplished author Graeme Macrae Burnet (His Bloody Project) will be reading extracts from his novels and chatting about his inspirations and techniques.
Renowned poet Jane Bonnyman will read some of her profound poems and Gillean McDougall, the Editor of the Honest Error collection, with poets from the Group will perform renditions of their powerful work.
Then two short story writers Samina Chaudry and James Connarty will read from their work…..share their stories which appear in the popular book ‘Ten Writers, Telling Lies’.
Telephone Thistle Gallery for tickets: 0141 334 3444
For the Love of Art
‘We decided to explore the symbiotic relationship between Art and Literature in our remarkable new Exhibition which runs from June 2nd to 24th as part of the West End Festival.
The concept has been percolating for nearly a year and now we are delighted to say that twenty leading Scottish Contemporary Artists have more than risen to the challenge with a remarkable body of work which Previews on Saturday, June 2nd between 11am and 6pm.
Sylvia von Hartmann, Jackie Henderson, Stanley Bird, Denise Findlay, Paul Kennedy, Fiona Millar, Julie Coulter, Ian Rawnsley, Gregory Moore, Gail Stirling Robertson, Alexa Hope, Drew Mackie, Eileen MacAlister, Clare Spencer, David Murray, Stan Milne, Jilly Henderson, Gillian Sim, Amanda Johnson, Dorte Pape, and Robyn Kinsman Blake.
Through the mediums of painting, ceramics, glass, textiles and jewellery each artist explains their inspirations found in books, short stories and poems discovering along the way that ‘Literature, is in itself, an art.’
To fully interpret the links between the two key elements of the Show the Gallery is hosting two exciting Charity Events in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support. So if you love Art and Words then do please join us for a memorable evening celebrating both! As well as wine and canapés there will be a raffle and your chance to win a superb painting by popular artist Jackie Henderson entitled ‘The Secret Garden’.
- Aye Write 2019 Tom & James Morton
- Aye Write 2019 Gaelic Reading and Singing (Family Event)
- Aye Write 2019: Henry VIII and the Men that Made Him Tracy Borman review by Mary Irvine
- Aye Write: Tribes of Glasgow review by Pat Byrne
- Aye Write – celebration of writing from community based literacy and creative writing learners
- Neil Oliver at Aye Write 2019 review by Mary Irvine
- Book Launch: Welcome to the Heady Heights by David Ross
- Woodlands Community Garden’s 9th Birthday Celebration
- Starchild Art for Africa with McTears Auctioneers and The Hidden Lane Gallery
- Frank Turner at Aye Write
- Lynn Howarth Featured Artist at The Glasgow Gallery
- Aye Write! Open Mic with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Andrew O’Hagan Creative Conversations
- Launch of The Blame Game C.J. Cooke
- Aye Write: Emily Cutts with Carol Craig
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
- St Patrick’s Festival Family Fun Day
- Aye Write 2019 Angela Chadwick & Sarah Davis- Goff
- Aye Write: Helena Kennedy QC
- Aye Write: Stuart Cosgrove & Ken McNab