The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
Fundraiser for Macmillan Cancer Support
Thursday, June 7th, 2018 – 7 p.m. until 9.30 p.m.
Wine / Raffle/ Canapes – Tickets £15
Part of West End Festival
Accomplished author Graeme Macrae Burnet (His Bloody Project) will be reading extracts from his novels and chatting about his inspirations and techniques.
Renowned poet Jane Bonnyman will read some of her profound poems and Gillean McDougall, the Editor of the Honest Error collection, with poets from the Group will perform renditions of their powerful work.
Then two short story writers Samina Chaudry and James Connarty will read from their work…..share their stories which appear in the popular book ‘Ten Writers, Telling Lies’.
Telephone Thistle Gallery for tickets: 0141 334 3444
For the Love of Art
‘We decided to explore the symbiotic relationship between Art and Literature in our remarkable new Exhibition which runs from June 2nd to 24th as part of the West End Festival.
The concept has been percolating for nearly a year and now we are delighted to say that twenty leading Scottish Contemporary Artists have more than risen to the challenge with a remarkable body of work which Previews on Saturday, June 2nd between 11am and 6pm.
Sylvia von Hartmann, Jackie Henderson, Stanley Bird, Denise Findlay, Paul Kennedy, Fiona Millar, Julie Coulter, Ian Rawnsley, Gregory Moore, Gail Stirling Robertson, Alexa Hope, Drew Mackie, Eileen MacAlister, Clare Spencer, David Murray, Stan Milne, Jilly Henderson, Gillian Sim, Amanda Johnson, Dorte Pape, and Robyn Kinsman Blake.
Through the mediums of painting, ceramics, glass, textiles and jewellery each artist explains their inspirations found in books, short stories and poems discovering along the way that ‘Literature, is in itself, an art.’
To fully interpret the links between the two key elements of the Show the Gallery is hosting two exciting Charity Events in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support. So if you love Art and Words then do please join us for a memorable evening celebrating both! As well as wine and canapés there will be a raffle and your chance to win a superb painting by popular artist Jackie Henderson entitled ‘The Secret Garden’.
- Many Singers Many Songs, Maryhill, 24 November, 2018
- West Dunbartonshire Christmas Toy Appeal
- Claire McFall, Creative Conversations
- Cultural Diversity Showcase, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Black History Month
- “Freedom Bound” – Slavery in Scotland Discussion at GOMA
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre
- A night of music and song in support of Cure Claire’s Cancer
- The Big Day of KinDness 23 October, 2018
- Afri Adventure, Africa in Motion for Kids, Glasgow
- Scottish Art Show, Awestruck Academy, Clydebank
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- Motherhood Loss and Legacy, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Decolonising the Speculative: Journeys to African Futures – Africa in Motion 2018
- Maya Chowdhry, Creative Conversations
- DUNOON FILM FESTIVAL 2018 ANNOUNCES FULL PROGRAMME
- Falling Leaves Exhibition at The Thistle Gallery
- Wedding Fayre OranMor Sunday 7 October, 2018
- Thomas Muir Festival 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow, An Afternoon of Talks