Ten Writers Telling Lies – launch of Book and CD at Cottiers Theatre, Thursday 27 April, 2017
Ten Writers Telling Lies Book & CD launch
Performance Date: Thursday, 27 Apr 2017 – 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm
Ten Writers Telling Lies is a unique collaboration between a group of storytellers and poets, and the singer-songwriter Jim Byrne. The writers got together with Jim to create a collection of songs, poems and stories available as a book and accompanying CD.
Unlike other literary collections the writers involve harbour a dark secret.
The event will include readings by the writers, spoken word performances by the poets and live music by Jim Byrne and friends – playing the songs from Ten Writers Telling Lies.
The writers are Stephanie Brown, Pat Byrne, James Carson, Samina Chaudry, James Connarty, Pauline Lynch, Calum Maclean, Gillian Margaret Mayes, Micheal Norton and Stephen Watt.
Tickets £6 Ticket price redeemable against discounted CD/Book Purchase
(Ticket price is inclusive of ticket admin fee (£1.50) which will display at the checkout) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought on the day)
Cottiers Theatre, 93-95 Hyndland St, Glasgow G11 5PU
What People Have Said About Ten Writers Telling Lies
‘Ten Writers is that rare delight – an anthology so consistently good that you read every piece in order, without flicking through the pages in search of something more exhilarating.’
Zoë Strachan and Louise Welsh
‘A brilliant idea, magnificently executed.’
Victoria Gosling, Editor, The Reader Berlin (Author and Publishing Services)
‘Having been lucky enough to catch this show live I wasn’t sure if a book/CD would do it justice. It has… and here’s the proof.’
Dave Acari – Slide Guitarist & Songwriter
‘This inspired and inspiring collaborative project reminds us of the longstanding two-way traffic between music and the muse. What better duet can you get than the perfect harmony of songs and stories, lyrics and poetry, memory and melody?’
Willy Maley – Scottish literary critic, writer, University of Glasgow Professor of Renaissance Studies
‘Telling lies is an art form – morality clouded by beautiful adornment. Honestly.’
Stuart Cosgrove, Journalist, Author, Broadcaster
Parental Advisory – some strong language
This is a seated event. Tickets sold as General Admission (you will not be allocated a specific seat in the auditorium)
There will be one 30 minute interval
Please note, Cottiers’ box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. For Box Office Collection, please wait until the day of performance. Phone messages and emails are checked daily.
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine