Swan Lake, Scottish Ballet at Theatre Royal 19 – 23 April, 2016
Scottish Ballet has commissioned award-winning, international choreographer David Dawson to create a new Swan Lake for a new generation.
“Dawson takes the classical steps and bends them in a way that perfectly appeals to a modern audience.”
The Telegraph, on David Dawson
As seen in rehearsals on World Ballet Day 2015
Theatre Royal, Glasgow
Tue 19 – Sat 23 Apr 2016
Box office: 0844 871 7647
David Dawson’s work is visceral, daring and always pushes dancers to their limits.
Scottish Ballet’s Artistic Director, Christopher Hampson comments, “David always looks to push the boundaries of classical ballet, and I know that his production of an iconic story will be a thoughtful, fresh and very bold addition to our repertoire.”
Dawson’s work challenges and extends the realms of classical technique and his brave stagings have made him a choreographer in demand across the globe.
Scheduled to have its world premiere in April 2016, this new production will ensure a dynamic approach to commissioning a Swan Lake for the 21st Century.
Theatre Royal, 282 Hope St, Glasgow G2 3QA
- Glasgow Mela 2018
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery Outdoor Ceilidh, West End Festival
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club
- Indepen-dance Members’ Stories CCA
- Thank Funk it’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Dance House Glasgow WinterFest
- Cottiers Black Friday Christmas Ceilidh
- Soul Jazz Fridays, Partick
- Bahookie’s Big Christmas Rock Ceilidh Bash, Cottiers
- Swing Sensation Big Band Night, Glasgow University Union, 3 December, 2017
- Glasgow Dynamic City book launch La Bodega,Friday 8 December, 2017
- Soul Bowl, Dance Party, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 25 November, 2017
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling Club, 27 October, 2017
- Theo Clinkard Company:This Bright Field, The Tramway, 13 and 14 October, 2017
- Indepen-dance, creative movement for people with disabilities and their carers
- Kathak Dance Classes, Glasgow South Side
- Dance Pupils in Scotland receive funding from The Peter Darell Trust, June, 2017
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 29 July, 2017
- To write, to publish, to speak, to move, CCA, 1 June, 2017