Mirrorball Showcase, CCA 4 December, 2014
St Mungo’s Mirrorball
Mirrorball Showcase 7
Thu 4 December 2014
An excellent evening of poetry in store with three wonderful poets. Award winning poet Colette Bryce, originally from Northern Ireland, is joined by poet, writer and land artist Gerry Loose and Marion McCready, recent winner of the Melita Hune Poetry Prize.
Colette Bryce was born in Derry, Northern Ireland. She lived in London for some years before moving to Scotland in 2002, and later to the North of England where she currently works as a freelance writer. Her poetry collections with Picador include The Full Indian Rope Trick (2004), Self-Portrait in the Dark (2008), and The Whole & Rain-domed Universe, short-listed for this year’s Forward Prize. From 2009 to 2013 she was Poetry Editor at Poetry London. She received the Cholmondeley Award in 2010.
Gerry Loose is a poet, writer and land-artist who works primarily with subjects from the natural world, as well as the world of geo-politics. His poems and texts are as often found in built and natural settings as on the page. Among his most recent publications are Printed on Water, New and Selected Poems (Shearsman Books) and that person himself. Forthcoming is fault line (Vagabond Voices, September 2014). His awards include: Creative Scotland Award, Robert Louis Stevenson Fellowship, Kooneen Säätiö Award, and Hermann Kesten Award.
Marion McCready lives in Argyll, Scotland. Her poetry pamphlet collection, Vintage Sea, was published by Calder Wood Press (2011). She won a Scottish Book Trust New Writers Award in 2013 and won the Melita Hume Poetry Prize (2013). Her first full-length collection, Tree Language, was published by Eyewear Publishing (2014).
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Cindigo, Poets at West End Festival
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library