Mary Irvine’s Blog: Anne and Mary’s Local Tales Review
‘Anne and Mary’s Local Tales’ Book 2 is now available at the Hub, Dumbarton or post free via the email below. Book 2 takes us a wee bit further afield with Burns’ visit to West Dunbartonshire, the contribution of Tobias Smollett of Renton and the Church of St Mahew in Cardross, as well as recognising Dumbarton’s very own VC.
Despite failing to attract any official funding Anne and Mary are very grateful to our sponsors who rallied to support us. People in the local area as well as people outside of Scotland. They are pleased to announce that the sales from Book 1 have funded the production of the second and they have also been able to send off their first cheque for £100 to the Beatson Cancer Charity.
Copies of the book have been sent to countries in Europe as well as the USA. Presentations of the work and research behind the books are being given outwith Dumbarton. They are doing their bit to get Dumbarton on the map!
Book 3 is already in preparation and will be available mid-September. It will concentrate on local hauntings, witchcraft and the unexplained. Anne and Mary will be appearing at various events throughout October. Full details later. In the meantime if anyone has a ‘strange’ or ‘unexplained’ experience they’d love to hear about it. Your stories can be given to Anne in the Hub, Dumbarton or sent to Mary via email
Buy the Bks 1 and 2 for £8 or if you already have the first one it’s only £4. Book 1 on its own is still £5 – we trust to your honesty. Books are also available at the Hub, Dumbarton and at Fruin Farm or by post. P/P is free. Contact me via the above email for details..
This section: Mary Irvine: Writer and Philhellene
Filed under: Mary Irvine: Writer and Philhellene
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine
- Mary Irvine’s blog: How authors relax or do they?
- Mary Irvine blogging about A Goodbye Lunch
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: A Sad Day – Murder of Martin Luther King Jr
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic Hits The Sticks
- The Magician by Mary Irvine
- The Square, Broomhill, Glasgow – Restaurant Review by Mary Irvine
- Mary Irvine’s blog: Writing about Greece and Byres Road Book Festival
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: PC Gone Mad, To Kill A Mocking Bird
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Another Musical Musing, October, 2017
- Leiper’s Attic at Cottiers Glasgow review by Mary Irvine
- Mary Irvine’s Blog:Merchant City Festival Outdoor Stage at the Tron 22.07.2017
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review of ‘A Murder of Crows’ – A Debut Novel by Ian Skewis
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Time Out, Glasgow Women’s Library, St Louis Partick,July, 2017
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Anne and Mary’s Local Tales Review
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Autumn Voices: Exploring creativity in later life & writing comp for over 60s.
- Ten Writers Telling Lies book and cd launch review by Mary Irvine
- Mary Irvine’s blog: Spa Day at the Carrick
- Mary Irvine’s blog: Lennox Heritage Society review talk in February, 2017