Dr Who and the Daleks, The Glad Cafe, Southside Film Festival , 17 May, 2017
The Glad Cafe, 17 May, 7.30 p.m.
The Glasgow Doctor Who Society presents ‘Dr. Who and the Daleks’ in association with Southside Film Festival and sponsored by CherryMan Media as part of the Southside Fringe Glasgow.
First of two big screen adaptations of ’Doctor Who’ in the 60’s in the midst of ‘Dalekmania’, it’s garish, colourful 60’s adventure with what the BFI calls a “wonderfully pulpy sci-fi atmosphere”. Recently restored for blu-ray, we will be presenting this restored, high-definition version of the film. Starburst magazine called it “a charming and ambitious period piece” and “another reminder of the huge impact Doctor Who made on British popular culture the moment it arrived on TV screens.”
Tickets can be bought via link to WeGotTickets.com, £6/£5(concession) plus booking fee.
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, G41 2HG
- Lucky, GFT
- American Animals, GFT
- Make Me Up at GFT
- First Reformed GFT
- A Northern Soul, GFT
- The Greatest Showman Sing-a-long, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Taggart Pilot Screening, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Vagabond GFT
- The Greatest Showman Eat/Film at Sloans
- Womens Work 100, Fairfield Govan
- Soft Cell One Final Time, Live from London, GFT
- ‘Young Solitude’ Review by Lola Rose
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – 10th Anniversary
- Time for Ilhan, Glasgow Screening, CCA
- Never Goin’ Back, GFT
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, School of Rock, Blythswood Hall.
- The Mask of Zorro, Blythswood Hall, Glasgow
- The Green Lie, CCA Glasgow
- Late Night: Superbad, GFT