Aye Write: James Naughtie: Best Scottish Poems
30th Mar 2019 • 8:00PM – 9:00PM
Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
Best Scottish Poems
Since 2004, the Scottish Poetry Library’s annual online anthology Best Scottish Poems has collected the finest poetry written by Scots and poets living north of the border.
In addition to featuring work by established poets (Don Paterson, Liz Lochhead, Kathleen Jamie), Best Scottish Poems showcased early work by emerging talent such as Claire Askew.
Now, over a decade later, broadcaster James Naughtie has put together a ‘best of the best’ list of 20 poems. James will be talking to the SPL’s Colin Waters and explaining his choices, while several of the poets featured read their own work plus a poem they regard as one of Scotland’s best.
Poets reading are Liz Lochhead, JL Williams, Aonghas Macneacail, Jim Carruth, John Purser and Tom Pow.
This section: Aye Write Book Festival 2019, Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Taking Tea with a Trailblazer, NLS Kelvin Hall
- Samina Chaudry at Avant Garde
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Look Who’s Talking Now with Des Dillon
- Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone at Waterstones Sauchiehall St
- Book Launch: ‘this exquisite corpse’ Tawnya Renelle
- Dialogue: Niven Govinden and Season Butler
- Robin Lloyd-Jones ‘A life in books’ Helensburgh Library
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason
- Henry Bell, Booked Festival 2019
- Micaela Maftei and Laura Tansley Collaborative Writing Workshops
- Polly Clark, Booked Festival 2019
- Dialogue Road Show
- Anne Donovan Scottish Writers Centre
- Kathleen Winter, Creative Conversations
- Thoughts and Reflections in Poetry and Song with David Nicoll