Aye Write: James Naughtie: Best Scottish Poems
30th Mar 2019 • 8:00PM – 9:00PM
Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
Best Scottish Poems
Since 2004, the Scottish Poetry Library’s annual online anthology Best Scottish Poems has collected the finest poetry written by Scots and poets living north of the border.
In addition to featuring work by established poets (Don Paterson, Liz Lochhead, Kathleen Jamie), Best Scottish Poems showcased early work by emerging talent such as Claire Askew.
Now, over a decade later, broadcaster James Naughtie has put together a ‘best of the best’ list of 20 poems. James will be talking to the SPL’s Colin Waters and explaining his choices, while several of the poets featured read their own work plus a poem they regard as one of Scotland’s best.
Poets reading are Liz Lochhead, JL Williams, Aonghas Macneacail, Jim Carruth, John Purser and Tom Pow.
This section: Aye Write Book Festival 2019, Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Start – Graham Morgan at Helensburgh Library
- Book Launch: ‘The Sound of the Hours’ Karen Campbell
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Book Launch: Something Like Happy – Sasha Greene
- From Glasgow To Saturn Pride Edition Launch
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Longlist for McIlvanney Prize Scottish Crime Book of the Year 2019
- Express Yourself – Poets at Tellit Slant
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper
- West End Shop Fronts, Virtual Tour Kelvin Hall