An Evening with the poet Jennifer Williams, CCA, 17 February, 2015
“The Writer’s Life”: an evening with renowned poet Jennifer Williams
Scottish Writers Centre
Tuesday 17th February 2015; 7pm to 8.30pm,
CCA Club Room, Glasgow:
Jennifer Williams has found publication in journals such as Poetry Wales, The Wolf, Edinburgh Review, Magma, Fulcrum, and Stand. Her poetry has been translated into Greek, French, Spanish, and Dutch, and she has translated poetry from Spanish and Greek.
Jennifer’s poems have been featured in the New Writing Scotland 30 anthology and in the SPL’s Best Scottish Poems 2011 and 2013 anthologies. She is particularly interested in cross-form work, and has collaborated with artists, musicians, and filmmakers. Jennifer was awarded a grant from the Scottish Arts Council for a poetry collaboration entitled Chiaroscuro Pentimenti, and the Edwin Morgan Travel Bursary from the Scottish Arts Trust.
In September 2009, she journeyed to the Aeolian Isles to write a collection inspired by Ovid’s Metamorphoses (entitled Condition of Fire; published by Shearsman Books in 2011). Jennifer’s second collection, Locust and Marlin (Shearsman, 2014), explores the idea of home and where we come from. She plays in the band Opul, and is Programme Manager at the Scottish Poetry Library.
Tickets: £6 (£3 for concessions). Free to SWC members.
CCA 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018
- Ten Writers Telling Lies and M. Litt Creative Writing Open Mic, Gilchrist Centre University of Glasgow
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- Ian Bell New Writing Award, Meet the Judges at Aye Write
- Sonnet Youth at The Drygate, 21 February, 2018
- Aye Write! Denise Mina introduces… Danny Denton & Mick Kitson 18 March, 2018
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations review Pat Byrne
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- Aye Write 2018 – Darren McGarvey & Raoul Martinez, Freedom From Poverty
- Eileen Myles and nick-e-melville, OranMor
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- The Darker Side of Fairytales with Kirsty Logan, Dumbarton Library
- Honest Error: Glasgow Poets on Charles Rennie Mackintosh, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow
- Writer David Keenan, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies