Yvonne Lyon and Eilidh Patterson, The Glad Cafe
8 September, 2018 – 7.30 p.m.
The Glad Cafe
YVONNE LYON returns to The Glad Café with a collection of songs from her new album, ‘Metanoia’.
Yvonne consistently combines poignant lyrics with strong, creative melodies and her eighth solo studio release further demonstrates her ability to deliver engaging original material with fresh imagination.
Having supported Eddi Reader throughout the UK, performed with Beth Nielsen Chapman and co-written with Boo Hewerdine, Yvonne continues to establish herself as an artist of considerable significance.
‘I love her, absolutely love her… great song beautifully performed’ Michael Ball, BBC Radio 2
‘just stunning music’ Bob Harris, BBC Radio 2
EILIDH PATTERSON (pronounced I-Lee) is a warm, engaging performer of startling clarity. Her brand new album, ‘Sunshine’ features many insightful, tender songs which have established her as one of N. Ireland’s best-loved songwriters.
An accomplished finger-style guitarist, Eilidh seamlessly blends folk and bluegrass with her crystalline voice remaining the focus throughout.
‘Eilidh Patterson’s voice is velvet and air. The richness of her sound and her songs is something beautiful to behold and she is definitely an artist to watch!’ Beth Nielsen Chapman
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HG
Buy tickets at Eventbrite £11.07
- Tony Singh: Glasgow Mela Food Cooking Demo
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day