Yvonne Lyon and Eilidh Patterson, The Glad Cafe
8 September, 2018 – 7.30 p.m.
The Glad Cafe
YVONNE LYON returns to The Glad Café with a collection of songs from her new album, ‘Metanoia’.
Yvonne consistently combines poignant lyrics with strong, creative melodies and her eighth solo studio release further demonstrates her ability to deliver engaging original material with fresh imagination.
Having supported Eddi Reader throughout the UK, performed with Beth Nielsen Chapman and co-written with Boo Hewerdine, Yvonne continues to establish herself as an artist of considerable significance.
‘I love her, absolutely love her… great song beautifully performed’ Michael Ball, BBC Radio 2
‘just stunning music’ Bob Harris, BBC Radio 2
EILIDH PATTERSON (pronounced I-Lee) is a warm, engaging performer of startling clarity. Her brand new album, ‘Sunshine’ features many insightful, tender songs which have established her as one of N. Ireland’s best-loved songwriters.
An accomplished finger-style guitarist, Eilidh seamlessly blends folk and bluegrass with her crystalline voice remaining the focus throughout.
‘Eilidh Patterson’s voice is velvet and air. The richness of her sound and her songs is something beautiful to behold and she is definitely an artist to watch!’ Beth Nielsen Chapman
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HG
Buy tickets at Eventbrite £11.07
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Celtic Connections 2020 Hannah Read and Andy Monaghan review by Fionnuala Boyle
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Finish Exposure Films from the Arctic
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Chinese Visual Festival 2020
- Coastal Connections Festival 2020 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass
- Burns Baby Burns Dance of the Underclass Aftershow Party
- Cine(thesia) Coming Out, Kelvin Hall
- No Fathers in Kashmir, GFT