Youth, GFT, 29 January – 11 February, 2016
29 January – 11 February, 2016
Paolo Sorrentino follows up his lauded The Great Beauty with a bittersweet story of aging and friendship, set in a luxurious Swiss sanatorium. Fred Ballinger is a retired composer who steadfastly refuses to revive his celebrated work. His friend Mick Boyle is a curmudgeonly movie director, currently brainstorming his next big film. A gentle but stylish film, anchored by Michael Caine’s subtle performance as Ballinger, while Harvey Keitel, Paul Dano and Jane Fonda shine in supporting roles.
12 Rose Street, G3 6TB
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – First Screenings Announced
- Read In to Celebrate St Andrew’s Day White Inch Library
- C7 Christmas Spectacular: A Jangle Journey
- Bay Inn Bowling – Annual Christmas Quiz
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Christmas Evil (1980) – screening Old Hairdresser’s
- White Christmas at GFT
- Drive My Car, GFT
- Petite Maman, GFT
- Eye of the Storm, GFT plus Q and with Anthony Baxter
- Rebel Dykes, GFT
- Preview: Belle plus Q and A with Mamoru Hosoda
- The House of Gucci GFT
- Comfort and Joy, Screening at Arlington Baths
- The Wizard of Oz Panto –Jazz Hands
- Glasgow Print Studio – Members’ Christmas Show 2021
- Oh Aye It Is!
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Glasgow Madrigirls – A Star is Bright as Day
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!