Writer Salon, #ScotLitFest Facebook, Zoe Strachan and Jenny Brown, Sunday 26 June, 2016
Creative writing advice salon for writers
Zoe Strachan, Sunday 26th, 11am – 12pm
Negative Space, Zoë’s first novel, was published in 2002 (Picador), followed by Spin Cycle in 2004 and Ever Fallen in Love in 2011 (Sandstone). She also writes short stories, libretti, plays, essays and journalism.
She lives in Glasgow with her partner Louise Welsh, and she teaches on the Creative Writing Programme at the University of Glasgow. She is on the Board of Directors of Glasgow Women’s Library, a Patron of the Imprint Festival in East Ayrshire, and a supporter of Scottish PEN.
Jenny Brown, Sunday 26th, 12pm – 1pm
Founded in 2002, Jenny Brown Associates has quickly become the biggest agency in Scotland and one of the leading literary agencies in the UK. Jenny Brown established the agency in 2002. She was previously Head of Literature at the Scottish Arts Council, presenter of book programmes for Scottish Television, and founder Director of the Edinburgh International Book Festival (of which she is now a Board member).
She is also a former Committee member of the Association of Authors’ Agents and was shortlisted in 2014 for Agent of the Year Award. She is Chair of the Bloody Scotland crime writing festival. She represents 50 writers in the areas of literary fiction, crime writing, and literary narrative non-fiction, especially memoir and nature writing. She likes to work closely with her writers and for this reason most of the writers she represents are based in Scotland or north of England.
- Cancer Support Scotland Christmas Fayre 2019
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT