World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
Tomorrow is World Refugee Day
Kiki K Yoga – Yoga for Kindness, 20 June, 2020 at 6 p.m.
Celebrate #WorldRefugeeDay with a gentle Yoga for Kindness practice. This 45-minute practice is based on classes taught to a group of refugee and asylum seeking women who find it hard to access mainstream yoga classes. It is accessible to all, and you are encouraged to do only what you choose to do, how you choose to do it, using as core anchors the sense of safety and security, self-compassion and hope.
You will be welcome to join this online event from anywhere in the world; the start time is 6:00pm British Summer Time.
It is free to take part, but if you are in a position to make a donation this will be appreciated. All the money raised will go towards offering free yoga classes to refugee and asylum seeking women.
Maryhill Integration Network (MIN) Men’s Group
A group of men from many countries who seek a new safer life in Scotland produced, recorded and filmed the following short video which they titled ‘A Strong Man’.
We hope to work with members of the Group again in future.
Maryhill Integration Group Stands in Solidarity with No Evictions Network
Positive Action in Housing
Don’t be afraid to ask.
For example, do you need crisis support, advice, information or shelter? Are you suffering hardship, need advice or help?
Have you come across someone who is sleeping rough or suddenly made destitute?
Do you need urgent casework assistance with housing, benefits or welfare rights? Or are you suffering racist harassment, domestic violence or financial hardship due to your legal status, or because of Covid19?
HOW TO CONTACT POSITIVE ACTION IN HOUSING
Call during working hours MON -FRI 9 am to 5 pm on 01413532220.
Outside working hours or public holidays, email firstname.lastname@example.org and write to in your preferred language. Google translate will be used to reply to you as soon as possible with advice or assistance.
Need help understanding this in your own language? Copy and paste the English text into translate.google.co.uk and choose your language.
Latest virtual opening times on Google! (Not ready to accept visitors to their offices yet). https://g.page/PositiveActionH?gm
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio