World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
Tomorrow is World Refugee Day
Kiki K Yoga – Yoga for Kindness, 20 June, 2020 at 6 p.m.
Celebrate #WorldRefugeeDay with a gentle Yoga for Kindness practice. This 45-minute practice is based on classes taught to a group of refugee and asylum seeking women who find it hard to access mainstream yoga classes. It is accessible to all, and you are encouraged to do only what you choose to do, how you choose to do it, using as core anchors the sense of safety and security, self-compassion and hope.
You will be welcome to join this online event from anywhere in the world; the start time is 6:00pm British Summer Time.
It is free to take part, but if you are in a position to make a donation this will be appreciated. All the money raised will go towards offering free yoga classes to refugee and asylum seeking women.
Maryhill Integration Network (MIN) Men’s Group
A group of men from many countries who seek a new safer life in Scotland produced, recorded and filmed the following short video which they titled ‘A Strong Man’.
We hope to work with members of the Group again in future.
Maryhill Integration Group Stands in Solidarity with No Evictions Network
Positive Action in Housing
Don’t be afraid to ask.
For example, do you need crisis support, advice, information or shelter? Are you suffering hardship, need advice or help?
Have you come across someone who is sleeping rough or suddenly made destitute?
Do you need urgent casework assistance with housing, benefits or welfare rights? Or are you suffering racist harassment, domestic violence or financial hardship due to your legal status, or because of Covid19?
HOW TO CONTACT POSITIVE ACTION IN HOUSING
Call during working hours MON -FRI 9 am to 5 pm on 01413532220.
Outside working hours or public holidays, email email@example.com and write to in your preferred language. Google translate will be used to reply to you as soon as possible with advice or assistance.
Need help understanding this in your own language? Copy and paste the English text into translate.google.co.uk and choose your language.
Latest virtual opening times on Google! (Not ready to accept visitors to their offices yet). https://g.page/PositiveActionH?gm
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- The Everything Thing by Jim McAteer – Single Launch
- Aye Write 2021 – Pre-Festival Event
- Woodlands Climate Action 2021 Coffee Chats – COP26 and Local Climate Action
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- World Book Night with Denise Mina
- Beats – GFT At Home
- Song Without A Name online at GFT
- Days of the Bagnold Summer
- Carlton Sessions
- A WORKING CLASS STATE OF MIND by Colin Burnett
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 announces full programme
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- Launch of The Ship Yard Project
- Wee Nature Fest – Islands of Abandonment
- Sheena Blackhall – Meet the Author
- Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
- Open The Door Festival 2021 – Scottsh Women’s Writing
- A Year of Workers’ Stories
- Warren Starry Skies – New Album ‘Small Wonders’