World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
Tomorrow is World Refugee Day
Kiki K Yoga – Yoga for Kindness, 20 June, 2020 at 6 p.m.
Celebrate #WorldRefugeeDay with a gentle Yoga for Kindness practice. This 45-minute practice is based on classes taught to a group of refugee and asylum seeking women who find it hard to access mainstream yoga classes. It is accessible to all, and you are encouraged to do only what you choose to do, how you choose to do it, using as core anchors the sense of safety and security, self-compassion and hope.
You will be welcome to join this online event from anywhere in the world; the start time is 6:00pm British Summer Time.
It is free to take part, but if you are in a position to make a donation this will be appreciated. All the money raised will go towards offering free yoga classes to refugee and asylum seeking women.
Maryhill Integration Network (MIN) Men’s Group
A group of men from many countries who seek a new safer life in Scotland produced, recorded and filmed the following short video which they titled ‘A Strong Man’.
We hope to work with members of the Group again in future.
Maryhill Integration Group Stands in Solidarity with No Evictions Network
Positive Action in Housing
Don’t be afraid to ask.
For example, do you need crisis support, advice, information or shelter? Are you suffering hardship, need advice or help?
Have you come across someone who is sleeping rough or suddenly made destitute?
Do you need urgent casework assistance with housing, benefits or welfare rights? Or are you suffering racist harassment, domestic violence or financial hardship due to your legal status, or because of Covid19?
HOW TO CONTACT POSITIVE ACTION IN HOUSING
Call during working hours MON -FRI 9 am to 5 pm on 01413532220.
Outside working hours or public holidays, email email@example.com and write to in your preferred language. Google translate will be used to reply to you as soon as possible with advice or assistance.
Need help understanding this in your own language? Copy and paste the English text into translate.google.co.uk and choose your language.
Latest virtual opening times on Google! (Not ready to accept visitors to their offices yet). https://g.page/PositiveActionH?gm
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Here Comes The Moon’ – live stream single launch Starry Skies
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson