WORD PLAY @ the Tron, Spoken Word and Music, Wednesday 5th February
Tron Theatre, 68 Trongate, G1 5HB Glasgow. from 8-late.
Theme – ‘Love among the Carnivores – Love Despite’
Brought to you with the usual verve and enthusiasm.
WORD PLAY offers an open mic opportunity created by the WORD FACTORY.
An event, to showcase work, whilst also providing a chance to participate.events are innovative spoken word opportunities working to a novel theme, where visiting musicians and performers find a genuine welcome. Everyone is invited to take part in the evening, showcasing work, be it poetry, prose or music. The Word Factory will also perform themed work as a group at some point during the evening. New members are welcome to the Word Factory group which meets on Fridays between 1pm and 3pm at the Tron.
£2 donation towards hire costs etc. All performers should rehearse their work and time their presentation prior to appearance. Please ensure your material will suit a mixed audience.
Slots are restricted to 5 mins max per person, (readers can gauge this by preparing about 3 or 4 short poems or just over 2 pages of typed prose). This limit will be implemented with joyous resolve.
Participation is welcomed from old hands and novices. Contact Marc
We are all special people and this month we celebrate this in extravagant fashion, music, word and action. Come along and join the fun.
c/o Tron Theatre, 68 Trongate, G1 5HB
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- Scottish Ensemble Common Sound at Cottiers
- Tanna Slamma Ding Dong, Tannahill Arts Festival
- The Children’s Wood – Nicola Davies with Readings and Screening
- Atlantic Slavery Glasgow ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Dora Wright
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose