WORD PLAY @ the Tron, Spoken Word and Music, Wednesday 5th February
Tron Theatre, 68 Trongate, G1 5HB Glasgow. from 8-late.
Theme – ‘Love among the Carnivores – Love Despite’
Brought to you with the usual verve and enthusiasm.
WORD PLAY offers an open mic opportunity created by the WORD FACTORY.
An event, to showcase work, whilst also providing a chance to participate.events are innovative spoken word opportunities working to a novel theme, where visiting musicians and performers find a genuine welcome. Everyone is invited to take part in the evening, showcasing work, be it poetry, prose or music. The Word Factory will also perform themed work as a group at some point during the evening. New members are welcome to the Word Factory group which meets on Fridays between 1pm and 3pm at the Tron.
£2 donation towards hire costs etc. All performers should rehearse their work and time their presentation prior to appearance. Please ensure your material will suit a mixed audience.
Slots are restricted to 5 mins max per person, (readers can gauge this by preparing about 3 or 4 short poems or just over 2 pages of typed prose). This limit will be implemented with joyous resolve.
Participation is welcomed from old hands and novices. Contact Marc
We are all special people and this month we celebrate this in extravagant fashion, music, word and action. Come along and join the fun.
c/o Tron Theatre, 68 Trongate, G1 5HB
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis