Woodlands Climate Action 2021 Coffee Chats – COP26 and Local Climate Action
Monday 12 April, 2021 at 12.00 p.m.
Event by Woodlands Community
Online event – COP26 and Local Climate Action
PublicAnyone on or off Facebook
There is a lot to feel nervous about these days, and while the effects of the pandemic are often in the forefront of most of our minds, many of us are simultaneously combating anxiety related to the climate crisis.
Please Woodlands Community for weekly online Climate Action 2021 Coffee Chats, where each week there is discussion about a different topic relating to the climate crisis. The aim is to offer support, advice or even just a sympathetic ear as well as connect community members during these isolating times.
This week discussion will focus on COP26, an international summit under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change due to take place in Glasgow from 1-12 November 2021.
At Woodlands Community they are looking at ways to participate in the civic society fringe events that will be happening in and around Glasgow, both during the summit itself and in its build up, including during September’s Climate Fringe Week.
Join the discussion to find out more, share your ideas and see how you can get involved in the plans.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting
This section: Community event, Woodlands Community Garden
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Cats Protection Jade Carrera Art Event
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- October Break Free Food Giveaway Glasgow’s East End
- The Children’s Wood – Nicola Davies with Readings and Screening
- Anti Racist Group Woodlands Community
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Govan Stones Music Festival
- Parents and Toddlers Outside, Woodside Garden, Maryhill
- Bat Walk, Glasgow Green
- The Insect Embassy, Victoria Park
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Clydeside Creative Cafe – Out and About in Clydebank
- Nae Pasaran – Outdoor Screening East Kilbride