Winter Words at Woodlands Community
7th December, 2017, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Woodlands Workspace, 66 Ashley Street, Glasgow G3 6HW
Poetry, Performance and Possibilities
Featuring Viv Gee and Kevin P. Gilday
Join us in the beautiful and intimate venue of Woodlands Workspace for a special seasonal event.
- 6.45 Doors Open
- 7.00 Tea, coffe and mince pies
- 7.15 In Conversation With Viv and Kevin
- 8.00 Performance and Readings
- 8.40 Q & A
- 9.00 Close
Free event, but donations welcomed
Our event is supported by Scottish Book Trust as part of their Literature Live initiative.
About Viv Gee
Viv Gee is originally from Penicuik but now lives in the southside of Glasgow. She has been writing and performing poetry since 1991. As well as being a poet she is also a Stand-Up Comedian and actor. She has performed poetry for BBC Radio Scotland, BBC 5 Live, STV and BBC Stand-Up Show Open Mic. Other TV and radio includes Lorraine Kelly’s Make Me Happier STV, Stake Out, Hedz, River City and The Gates which she co -wrote for BBC Radio Scotland. Poems have appeared in Rebel Inc, Cutting Teeth, Hidden City and on the Glasgow Underground. She is a regular on the Scottish Comedy Circuit and is resident host at Yesbar Comedy Club. She also runs night classes in Stand-Up Comedy at University of Strathclyde One of her poems is now engraved into the marble at Silverburn Shopping Centre and in 2014 she was the recipient of “Outstanding Contribution to Scottish Comedy” at the Scottish Comedy Awards.
About Kevin P. Gilday
Kevin is a writer for screen, stage and radio (and everything in between) as well as being one of the foremost spoken word artists to emerge from the fertile Scottish poetry scene. He is the winner of the StAnza Digital Slam, the Creative Stirling Slam, the Four Cities Slam and a four time Scottish National Slam finalist. He is the curator and co-host of spoken word night Sonnet Youth and the presenter of Rhyming Optional, a dedicated Spoken Word podcast. Kevin has performed all over the world including the BBC 6 Music Festival, Edinburgh Fringe, Toronto Fringe, Wickerman, Belladrum, Lingo (Dublin) and Glastonbury Festivals. Kevin’s theatre work includes several hybrid spoken word monologue performances, traditional theatre, experimental work, cabaret and script doctor commissions. This work has been performed in spaces such as The Tron Theatre, St. Luke’s, Eden Court, Lemon Tree, Beacon Arts Centre, Oran Mor, The Arches and Tarragon Theatre (Toronto).
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community