Winter Words at Woodlands Community
7th December, 2017, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Woodlands Workspace, 66 Ashley Street, Glasgow G3 6HW
Poetry, Performance and Possibilities
Featuring Viv Gee and Kevin P. Gilday
Join us in the beautiful and intimate venue of Woodlands Workspace for a special seasonal event.
- 6.45 Doors Open
- 7.00 Tea, coffe and mince pies
- 7.15 In Conversation With Viv and Kevin
- 8.00 Performance and Readings
- 8.40 Q & A
- 9.00 Close
Free event, but donations welcomed
Our event is supported by Scottish Book Trust as part of their Literature Live initiative.
About Viv Gee
Viv Gee is originally from Penicuik but now lives in the southside of Glasgow. She has been writing and performing poetry since 1991. As well as being a poet she is also a Stand-Up Comedian and actor. She has performed poetry for BBC Radio Scotland, BBC 5 Live, STV and BBC Stand-Up Show Open Mic. Other TV and radio includes Lorraine Kelly’s Make Me Happier STV, Stake Out, Hedz, River City and The Gates which she co -wrote for BBC Radio Scotland. Poems have appeared in Rebel Inc, Cutting Teeth, Hidden City and on the Glasgow Underground. She is a regular on the Scottish Comedy Circuit and is resident host at Yesbar Comedy Club. She also runs night classes in Stand-Up Comedy at University of Strathclyde One of her poems is now engraved into the marble at Silverburn Shopping Centre and in 2014 she was the recipient of “Outstanding Contribution to Scottish Comedy” at the Scottish Comedy Awards.
About Kevin P. Gilday
Kevin is a writer for screen, stage and radio (and everything in between) as well as being one of the foremost spoken word artists to emerge from the fertile Scottish poetry scene. He is the winner of the StAnza Digital Slam, the Creative Stirling Slam, the Four Cities Slam and a four time Scottish National Slam finalist. He is the curator and co-host of spoken word night Sonnet Youth and the presenter of Rhyming Optional, a dedicated Spoken Word podcast. Kevin has performed all over the world including the BBC 6 Music Festival, Edinburgh Fringe, Toronto Fringe, Wickerman, Belladrum, Lingo (Dublin) and Glastonbury Festivals. Kevin’s theatre work includes several hybrid spoken word monologue performances, traditional theatre, experimental work, cabaret and script doctor commissions. This work has been performed in spaces such as The Tron Theatre, St. Luke’s, Eden Court, Lemon Tree, Beacon Arts Centre, Oran Mor, The Arches and Tarragon Theatre (Toronto).
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Linda Jaxson Band at Websters
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2021
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- The Great Black History Quiz CRER
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Black History Month
- COP26 Glasgow Trade Union and Workers Bloc
- Art for Africa in memory of Rony Bridges
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- BFI London Film Festival 2021 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Last Night in Soho, Glasgow Film Theatre
- French Film Festival UK 2021