West End Festival Cinico by Allan Cameron, Waterstones Byres Road, Thursday 22 June, 2017
As part of the West End Festival, author Allan Cameron will be at Watertones Byres Road, 351-355 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8AU on Thursday 22nd June, 2017.
Allan will be talking about his latest book, ‘Cinico; Travels with a good professor at the time of the Scottish Referendum’ The narrator pretends to be an author and a perverse author pretends to be a translator, who in his ensuing confusion drinks himself to death. This causesa dispute between the fictional editor, the fictional author, his fictional wife and the translator’s fictional widow, solely to illustrate the enlightened and enlightening chaos of translation. In fact, the true purpose of this novel is to present conflicting views on nation, nationalism, power, class and the Scottish referendum.
Allan Cameron has written two novels, The Golden Menagerie and The Berlusconi Bonus, and one non-fiction book, In Praise of the Garrulous. Also, he has written two collections of short stories, Can the Gods Cry? and On the Heroism of Mortals. He has translated 24 books from Italian, and has two collections of poetry, Presbyopia and A Barrel of Dried Leaves.
All are welcome
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Hogmanay Live Event – ‘One singer one song’
- Carlton Studios Crowdfunder Saturdays FB Livestream
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)
- Christmas Exhibition 2020 – Compass Gallery
- Refuweegee Festive Benefit Gig
- Opening Film and Closing Gala Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- Virtual Santa Dash 2020
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: A Year to Remember – or forget..
- Book Launch: Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson