West End Festival: The Luthiers’ Concert Websters Theatre
Part of West End Festival – 31 May – 30 June, 2019
Steve Hicks – ‘luthier and virtuoso guitar player – a rare combination’. Anne Chaurand -“A positive guitarist with a sense of conviction, and also the fingers and sensibilities to match…” (Classical Guitar) Ciorstaidh Beaton – Glasgow based pedal harpist and clàrsach player from the Isle of Skye. Graduate of the Royal Northern College of Music.
A chance to hear, see, examine and even purchase a range of handmade guitars and harps produced by students studying on the Musical Instrument Making and Repair course at Glasgow Clyde college. (Individual makers will be on hand to chat about their instruments during the interval)
Tickets are £7.50 adults/£5.00 concessions including a £1.50 booking fee. Booking fee is applicable on all tickets including those bought on the day, over the phone and online.
Concession priced tickets are for Under 16s, OAPs, students and unwaged.
Please note, box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. Phone messages and emails to the Box Office are checked at least once a day, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
Websters Theatre, 416 Great Western Road, G4 9HZ
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide plus Club Events, West End Festival Glasgow, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- New Life Gym, Maryhill, Glasgow
- The Social Isolation Film Festival curated by GFT
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- The Nae Pub Quiz Round 2 – Gigs in Scotland
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Cottiers Pub Quiz – Cancelled until further notice
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party Postponed
- Keeping Time novel by Thomas Legendre
- Much Left Unsaid by Finola Scott – poetry
- Freddy Anderson, Afternoon of Literature, Poetry and Song
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Sweet Charity, Websters Theatre
- Neu Reekie at Aye Write
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee