West End Festival Closing Concert, Kelvingrove Bandstand Sun 28 June, 2015
JOHN BEATTIE, JO CALLIS (THE HUMAN LEAGUE) & GRAEME CLARK (WET WET WET)
Kelvingrove Bandstand, Kelvin Way, G12
Sunday 28th June, 2015
1 – 7 p.m.
Featuring a host of musical talent including rugby legend and BBC Radio Scotland broadcaster John Beattie and his band, Jo Callis (The Human League) and Graeme Clark (Wet Wet Wet).
This free event will once again make use of the recently restored Kelvingrove bandstand to end the festival with an all-day musical celebration.
The Dynaglydes: 50s / 60s covers
Fingerhalo with Jo Callis (from The Human League): guitar band
Charlotte Marshall and the 45s: Blues
“Local Vocals”: choral group
L’acoustica: voices and guitars
High School Past Plant band
Graeme Clark and band
Honest Sam and the Dealers: Americana
John Beattie Band: classic rock
Food and soft drinks will be available at the event with the exception of alcohol which will not be allowed.
Announcing the line-up, festival director, Michael Dale said: “Last year saw us use the bandstand for the first time in years and we’re excited once again to be able to use a west end asset and programme a wonderful musical line-up, featuring local musicians and some big names.
“Thanks to Glasgow Life and C C Music for supporting this event.”
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, West End Festival 2015
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Stuck in the Suburbs – Refuweegee
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Beatson puts fun into fundraising – online quizz
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Glasgow Diet – Documentary on History of Food fundraiser
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket
- Books at the Botanics
- Govanhill International Women’s Day 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Our Ladies
- Glasgow Film Festival: Romantic Comedy + Live Score by Summer Camp