Vinegar Valentines at The Mitchell, 14 February, 2017
Vinegar Valentines: The Spiteful Rhymes and Cruel Caricatures of Victoria: “Hate Mail”
The Mitchell’s collection of 19th century mock Valentines printed by Bell and Bain of Glasgow.
In the 1900s Valentine’s Cards weren’t always sent as tokens of love, affection and admiration – sometimes they were nasty and mocking. Come along to The Mitchell Library and explore the darker side of Valentine’s Days,
Tuesday 14 Feb 2 – 4pm, Blythswood Room, Level 5.
Sign up at Granville Street.
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow, G3 7DN
(In Public Domain)
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Valentine's Day in Glasgow 2017, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow