USA 1982 Koyannisqatsi – with live score HGY
16 September, 2019, 6.30p.m.
Neoclassical post-rockers We Stood Like Kings bring a new soundtrack to Godfrey Reggio’s cult movie Koyaanisqatsi. Reggio’s debut as a film director and producer, Koyaanisqatsi is the first film of the Qatsi trilogy, essays of visual images and sound which chronicle the destructive impact of the modern world on the environment. The title is a Hopi Indian word meaning “life out of balance.” Created between 1975 and 1982, the film is an apocalyptic vision of the collision of two different worlds – urban life and technology versus the environment.
This four-piece piano-based band hailing from Brussels have become a reference act in live soundtracks to silent cinema. Since 2012, through more than 250 live shows, and with the utmost dedication, they breathe new life into well-chosen masterworks of the big screen. We Stood Like Kings will do anything to challenge the expected and successfully mix modern instrumental rock music with the treasures of yesterday’s cinema. Find out more at www.westoodlikekings.com.
Please note, this is a live show by a four-piece band. It might get loud.
Tickets £15/13 concessions (no further discounts apply)
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Take One Action Film Festival 2019 CCA
- Women’s Support Project – Abused: The Untold Story, GFT
- Kaleidoscope Realms, Matchbox Cine Club
- USA 1982 Koyannisqatsi – with live score HGY
- Ad Astra GFT
- Die Tomorrow, GFT
- Mrs Lowry and Son, GFT
- Sorry We Missed You + Q & A Paul Lavery
- Preview: The Day Shall Come + Q & A Chris Morris
- Preview: The Last Tree GFT
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2019 Announces Full Programme
- Pain and Glory, GFT