USA 1982 Koyannisqatsi – with live score HGY
16 September, 2019, 6.30p.m.
Neoclassical post-rockers We Stood Like Kings bring a new soundtrack to Godfrey Reggio’s cult movie Koyaanisqatsi. Reggio’s debut as a film director and producer, Koyaanisqatsi is the first film of the Qatsi trilogy, essays of visual images and sound which chronicle the destructive impact of the modern world on the environment. The title is a Hopi Indian word meaning “life out of balance.” Created between 1975 and 1982, the film is an apocalyptic vision of the collision of two different worlds – urban life and technology versus the environment.
This four-piece piano-based band hailing from Brussels have become a reference act in live soundtracks to silent cinema. Since 2012, through more than 250 live shows, and with the utmost dedication, they breathe new life into well-chosen masterworks of the big screen. We Stood Like Kings will do anything to challenge the expected and successfully mix modern instrumental rock music with the treasures of yesterday’s cinema. Find out more at www.westoodlikekings.com.
Please note, this is a live show by a four-piece band. It might get loud.
Tickets £15/13 concessions (no further discounts apply)
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Moments of Resistance by Femspectives
- Iberodocs Lisbon Beat CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival: Master Cheng
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Heroic Losers
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Take 2: Spies in Disguise, GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 at CCA
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- Alasdair Gray: A Life in Progress GFT
- Parasite GFT
- National Library of Scotland Kelvin Hall – World Thinking Day
- Love Sarah, Glasgow Film Festival
- The Public, GFT
- Little Joe, GFT
- Greed GFT
- Lost Transmissions, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The Whistlers, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Secret Location: Final Destination
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco