USA 1982 Koyannisqatsi – with live score HGY
16 September, 2019, 6.30p.m.
Neoclassical post-rockers We Stood Like Kings bring a new soundtrack to Godfrey Reggio’s cult movie Koyaanisqatsi. Reggio’s debut as a film director and producer, Koyaanisqatsi is the first film of the Qatsi trilogy, essays of visual images and sound which chronicle the destructive impact of the modern world on the environment. The title is a Hopi Indian word meaning “life out of balance.” Created between 1975 and 1982, the film is an apocalyptic vision of the collision of two different worlds – urban life and technology versus the environment.
This four-piece piano-based band hailing from Brussels have become a reference act in live soundtracks to silent cinema. Since 2012, through more than 250 live shows, and with the utmost dedication, they breathe new life into well-chosen masterworks of the big screen. We Stood Like Kings will do anything to challenge the expected and successfully mix modern instrumental rock music with the treasures of yesterday’s cinema. Find out more at www.westoodlikekings.com.
Please note, this is a live show by a four-piece band. It might get loud.
Tickets £15/13 concessions (no further discounts apply)
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow
- Leona GFT
- Depeche Mode Spirits in the Forest
- Michael Hutchence: Mystify GFT
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- It’s A Wonderful Life Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema Glasgow
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- After the Wedding, GFT
- Luce, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub Best of Final Girls Berlin 2019 CCA
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow