Kaleidoscope Realms, Matchbox Cine Club
14 September, 2019 7 – 8.30 p.m.
Kaleidoscopic Realms: Japanese experimental shorts of the ’70s & ’80s
A programme of short films by directors Naoto Yamakawa, Nobuhiro Aihara and Toshio Matsumoto.
The films, spanning from 1975 up until the mid ‘80s, range from abstract experimentalism to more recognisable narrative structures, but all distort and challenge expectations of aesthetics, storytelling and recognition of oneself on film.
Short films often offer a fleeting insight into perspectives outwith our own experiences, but this collection of shorts presents unexpected images, sounds and ideas which linger with you, utilising experimental techniques to convey connections across cultures.
Tickets are priced on a sliding scale, based on your circumstances. There are three tiers: Free/£2, £4/£6 and £8. (register for a free ticket via email@example.com). Guide on what to pay.
With thanks to The Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation and the Postwar Japan Moving Image Archive.
NB This screening will be captioned in English for deaf and hard of hearing audiences.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Take One Action Film Festival 2019 CCA
- Women’s Support Project – Abused: The Untold Story, GFT
- Kaleidoscope Realms, Matchbox Cine Club
- USA 1982 Koyannisqatsi – with live score HGY
- Ad Astra GFT
- Die Tomorrow, GFT
- Mrs Lowry and Son, GFT
- Sorry We Missed You + Q & A Paul Lavery
- Preview: The Day Shall Come + Q & A Chris Morris
- Preview: The Last Tree GFT
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2019 Announces Full Programme
- Pain and Glory, GFT