Kaleidoscope Realms, Matchbox Cine Club
14 September, 2019 7 – 8.30 p.m.
Kaleidoscopic Realms: Japanese experimental shorts of the ’70s & ’80s
A programme of short films by directors Naoto Yamakawa, Nobuhiro Aihara and Toshio Matsumoto.
The films, spanning from 1975 up until the mid ‘80s, range from abstract experimentalism to more recognisable narrative structures, but all distort and challenge expectations of aesthetics, storytelling and recognition of oneself on film.
Short films often offer a fleeting insight into perspectives outwith our own experiences, but this collection of shorts presents unexpected images, sounds and ideas which linger with you, utilising experimental techniques to convey connections across cultures.
Tickets are priced on a sliding scale, based on your circumstances. There are three tiers: Free/£2, £4/£6 and £8. (register for a free ticket via email@example.com). Guide on what to pay.
With thanks to The Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation and the Postwar Japan Moving Image Archive.
NB This screening will be captioned in English for deaf and hard of hearing audiences.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT
- The Relative Worlds GFT plus Q and A
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- European Art House Cinema Day GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Cinemasters at GFT: Quentin Tarantino
- The Day Shall Come GFT
- The Joker, Cineworld Glasgow
- Branagh Theatre Live – A Winter’s Tale GFT
- CINE[STHESIA]: Filmichean Gàidhlig/ Gaelic Films Ghlaschu Mod 2019
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- Roger Waters Us + Them GFT
- Werewolf, GFT
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2019 Announces Full Programme