Urban Hymn, GFT 19 and 23 February, 2016
A heartrending, human story about the bond between two damaged individuals.
GFT / Fri 19 (20.20) & Tue 23 Feb, 2016 (10.45)
Michael Caton-Jones makes a hugely welcome return with this poignant drama set in the aftermath of the London riots of 2011. Shirley Henderson gives one of the finest performances of her career as Kate, an experienced sociology lecturer who decides to move to the front line as a residential care worker. Her genteel good intentions don’t impress the teenage residents, but she does develop a sympathetic relationship with belligerent, ungovernable 17-year-old Jamie (Letitia Wright), inviting her to join the choir where she sings. The unpredictable bond between these two damaged individuals makes for a heartrending, human story.
Q & A
Shirley Henderson, Michael Caton-Jones, Isabella Laughland and Letitia Wright will be present to introduce the film and take part in a Q&A after the screening.
To win two tickets to the Friday 19 February (20.20) screening with Q&A, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and the subject line ‘I want to win’. Winner announced noon, 19 Feb.
Director Michael Caton-Jones
Cast Shirley Henderson, Letitia Wright, Isabella Laughland
UK 2015, 1h54m, N/C 15+ Thanks to Metro International
- Poet’s Time with Jenne Gray
- The Zoom Session with Dave Arcari
- Ghost Stories from Around the World
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020
- Canada Now – New Canadian Cinema at GFT
- Saint Maud, GFT
- On The Rocks, GFT
- I Am Greta – GFT
- Seahorse Saturday
- Movie Screening: ’13’ – Black History Month
- Science on the Sofa – Activities for Kids
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- From Glasgow To Saturn Fall Launch
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance – Online Presentations
- Deep Dive Workshops Stay at Home Literary Festival
- Game On: Queer Disruptions in Sport screening plus Q&A
- World Food Day 2020 – Propogate Scotland
- Black History Month: Scots and Early British Colonialism in Asia
- International Day of the Girl Child