Urban Hymn, GFT 19 and 23 February, 2016
A heartrending, human story about the bond between two damaged individuals.
GFT / Fri 19 (20.20) & Tue 23 Feb, 2016 (10.45)
Michael Caton-Jones makes a hugely welcome return with this poignant drama set in the aftermath of the London riots of 2011. Shirley Henderson gives one of the finest performances of her career as Kate, an experienced sociology lecturer who decides to move to the front line as a residential care worker. Her genteel good intentions don’t impress the teenage residents, but she does develop a sympathetic relationship with belligerent, ungovernable 17-year-old Jamie (Letitia Wright), inviting her to join the choir where she sings. The unpredictable bond between these two damaged individuals makes for a heartrending, human story.
Q & A
Shirley Henderson, Michael Caton-Jones, Isabella Laughland and Letitia Wright will be present to introduce the film and take part in a Q&A after the screening.
To win two tickets to the Friday 19 February (20.20) screening with Q&A, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and the subject line ‘I want to win’. Winner announced noon, 19 Feb.
Director Michael Caton-Jones
Cast Shirley Henderson, Letitia Wright, Isabella Laughland
UK 2015, 1h54m, N/C 15+ Thanks to Metro International
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- Blade – 4K GFT
- Last Night in Soho GFT
- Glasgow Hallowe’en Ghost Walk
- Hallowe’en – Spooky Kelvindale Woods
- Ice Box Halloween Gig Part 1
- Icebox Halloween Movie Night
- Hallowe’en Witch Market, Britannica Panopticon
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT