University of Glasgow: Centre for Open Studies: Ten Writers Telling Lies West End Festival 2016
Ten Writers are participating in a project with the musician Jim Byrne to produce a book and complementary cd, which will be produced early 2017. In the meantime you can catch them perform their work at Three Events at the West End Festival 2016
Of the ten writers, six are students from the Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgow, Creative Writing Course with Alan McMunigall. Others are graduates of the University of Glasgow’s M.Litt in Creative Writing.
They include writers whose work has, for example, been published by:
- Legend Press
- From Glasgow to Saturn, University of Glasgow’s magazine of creative writing
- New Writing Scotland
- Tales From A Cancelled Country
- Tip Tap Flat: anthology of creative writing, Freight Books.
- Streets of Berlin
- Gutter Magazine
- And on the website: www.glasgowwestend.co.uk
Ten Writers Telling Lies
Ten Writers Telling Lies is a collaborative project between some of Glasgow’s most talented writers and the musician Jim Byrne. In prose and poetry the writers will capture the story of a song they have co-written. This will culminate in the production of a CD and complementary book.
The writers and poets taking part in the project include: Calum Maclean, Gillian Mayes, James Carson, James Connarty, Micheal Norton, Pat Byrne, Pauline Lynch, Samina Chaudry, Stephanie Brown and Stephen Watt
Watch out for performances by the writers and Jim Byrne at a variety of festivals and literary events including West End Festival 2016 where you can catch a taster – 3rd until 26th June, 2016.
The Book and CD will be produced early 2017.In the meantime you can get a taste at the West End Festival, with prose, poetry and music at:
Waterstones, Byres Road on Wednesday 8th June 7.30 p.m.
Siempre Bicycle Cafe, Partick, Wednesday 15th June, 7.30 p.m.
The Gibson Street Gala on Sunday 19th June at 2.30 p.m. in Tchai Ovna, Otago Lane.
Sponsored by Taur Productions
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog, Ten Writers Telling Lies, West End Festival 2016, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog, Ten Writers Telling Lies, West End Festival 2016, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Echo GFT At Home
- David Attenborough ‘A Life On Our Planet’ film screening
- Creative Conversations: Anuradha Roy
- Creative Activism: 20th Anniversary of Scotland’s Repeal of Section 28
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre at Home
- The Long Walk – GFT A Home
- Africa in Motion 2020
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- French Film Festival 2020 – Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- P.M. Freestone at Creative Conversations
- Book Week Scotland 2020
- Real Bread Bakers – Screening and Discussion
- Book Week Scotland 2020: Glasgow Libraries
- Creative Conversations: Sandy NicDhòmhnaill Jones
- I Like Your Hat – book launch with Magi Gibson
- Scottish Writers Centre: Double Book Launch Leela Soma and Allan Martin
- Hand Made Guitars – Glasgow
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021