University of Glasgow: Centre for Open Studies: Ten Writers Telling Lies West End Festival 2016
Ten Writers are participating in a project with the musician Jim Byrne to produce a book and complementary cd, which will be produced early 2017. In the meantime you can catch them perform their work at Three Events at the West End Festival 2016
Of the ten writers, six are students from the Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgow, Creative Writing Course with Alan McMunigall. Others are graduates of the University of Glasgow’s M.Litt in Creative Writing.
They include writers whose work has, for example, been published by:
- Legend Press
- From Glasgow to Saturn, University of Glasgow’s magazine of creative writing
- New Writing Scotland
- Tales From A Cancelled Country
- Tip Tap Flat: anthology of creative writing, Freight Books.
- Streets of Berlin
- Gutter Magazine
- And on the website: www.glasgowwestend.co.uk
Ten Writers Telling Lies
Ten Writers Telling Lies is a collaborative project between some of Glasgow’s most talented writers and the musician Jim Byrne. In prose and poetry the writers will capture the story of a song they have co-written. This will culminate in the production of a CD and complementary book.
The writers and poets taking part in the project include: Calum Maclean, Gillian Mayes, James Carson, James Connarty, Micheal Norton, Pat Byrne, Pauline Lynch, Samina Chaudry, Stephanie Brown and Stephen Watt
Watch out for performances by the writers and Jim Byrne at a variety of festivals and literary events including West End Festival 2016 where you can catch a taster – 3rd until 26th June, 2016.
The Book and CD will be produced early 2017.In the meantime you can get a taste at the West End Festival, with prose, poetry and music at:
Waterstones, Byres Road on Wednesday 8th June 7.30 p.m.
Siempre Bicycle Cafe, Partick, Wednesday 15th June, 7.30 p.m.
The Gibson Street Gala on Sunday 19th June at 2.30 p.m. in Tchai Ovna, Otago Lane.
Sponsored by Taur Productions
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog, Ten Writers Telling Lies, West End Festival 2016, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog, Ten Writers Telling Lies, West End Festival 2016, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Performance Cancelled by Pat Byrne
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Cake At Number 8: Cupcakes Against Covid
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- Mother India Cafe – Takeaway and Uber Eats