University of Glasgow: Centre for Open Studies: Ten Writers Telling Lies West End Festival 2016
Ten Writers are participating in a project with the musician Jim Byrne to produce a book and complementary cd, which will be produced early 2017. In the meantime you can catch them perform their work at Three Events at the West End Festival 2016
Of the ten writers, six are students from the Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgow, Creative Writing Course with Alan McMunigall. Others are graduates of the University of Glasgow’s M.Litt in Creative Writing.
They include writers whose work has, for example, been published by:
- Legend Press
- From Glasgow to Saturn, University of Glasgow’s magazine of creative writing
- New Writing Scotland
- Tales From A Cancelled Country
- Tip Tap Flat: anthology of creative writing, Freight Books.
- Streets of Berlin
- Gutter Magazine
- And on the website: www.glasgowwestend.co.uk
Ten Writers Telling Lies
Ten Writers Telling Lies is a collaborative project between some of Glasgow’s most talented writers and the musician Jim Byrne. In prose and poetry the writers will capture the story of a song they have co-written. This will culminate in the production of a CD and complementary book.
The writers and poets taking part in the project include: Calum Maclean, Gillian Mayes, James Carson, James Connarty, Micheal Norton, Pat Byrne, Pauline Lynch, Samina Chaudry, Stephanie Brown and Stephen Watt
Watch out for performances by the writers and Jim Byrne at a variety of festivals and literary events including West End Festival 2016 where you can catch a taster – 3rd until 26th June, 2016.
The Book and CD will be produced early 2017.In the meantime you can get a taste at the West End Festival, with prose, poetry and music at:
Waterstones, Byres Road on Wednesday 8th June 7.30 p.m.
Siempre Bicycle Cafe, Partick, Wednesday 15th June, 7.30 p.m.
The Gibson Street Gala on Sunday 19th June at 2.30 p.m. in Tchai Ovna, Otago Lane.
Sponsored by Taur Productions
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog, Ten Writers Telling Lies, West End Festival 2016, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog, Ten Writers Telling Lies, West End Festival 2016, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Cancer Support Scotland Christmas Fayre 2019
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT